Personal View site logo
GH2 Stalin samples topic
  • 293 Replies sorted by
  • A personal project I worked on for a year. The Travel Diaries. Shot on hacked GH1 and hacked GH2, using the moderate 44mb/s hack. With the ETC mode I was able to get up to 3200mm equiv. focal length, for the airplane shots. Have fun!

• @GMC Wow, really beautiful films on your Vimeo channel. Loved the one on Washington DC too.
  • @GMC

Another beautiful film! I'm a big fan of your work.

Just out of curiosity - what lens did you use? The bokeh is nice and the shots directly into the sun came out very pretty.

Chris
  • @cbrandin thanks for that nice comment! I used the Pancake 20mm f1.7 for the nighttime lapse, a Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 for the other night shots, the 14-140mm kit lens for the shots into the sun, and a Panagor 80-200mm f3.8 with a 2x extender for most of the airplane shots.

Gunther
  • @Swiss_Boy I Love that video of yours! It looks just beautyful! What lens and setting (and color correction) did you use?

• Mission Impossible spoof. Quantum V6

• @blackspot glad that you liked it i used the following lenses and magic bullet looks for color correction/grading :

PANSONIC PANCAKE 20MM 1.7 Panasonic 14-42mm f3.5/5.6 Canon FD 50mm f1.4 Canon FD 135mm f2.8

• Quantum v7. Thank you @driftwood.

• @WhiteRabbit

great video, what lenses did you use ? also camera on yellow car "Go Pro" ?

• @feha Thank you for the positive feedback. On my drift car, I taped on my iPhone 4 which I also glued onto a hard iPhone case an old 0.42x wide angle lens from my old DV camera days. There is too much vibration coming through the car body shell, so a better method would be to make a mount that connects to the chassis of the car to reduce vibration in future recordings. All the footage at ground level are mostly a MIR-1 37mm f/2.8 'Grand Prix Brussels 1958' and hand held tracking cars along the track is a Helios 44-3. These are in M42 mount and mounted to the GH2 via an adapter purchased from eBay. As for the Helios 44-3 58mm f/2, I had to remove the focus ring as it was rubbing against the adapter preventing change of focus. I am in the process of have it CNC cut down. The Helios 44-3 has 8 aperture blades, whereas the other Helios usually have 6 blades. The MIR-1 has ten blades, making circular bokeh rings at any aperture. I like USSR glass, and use this set for more general footage acquisition, as opposed to my Lomo's.
    I also have as part of this set, the Jupiter-9 85mm, Jupiter 37A 135mm. I personally like the bokeh rendition of all these lenses and they do not breath when pulling focus. The other lens I use is a Carl Zeiss Flektogon 20mm f4. My favourite of the set for general use is the MIR-1, and this older edition that I managed to find in near mint condition is not multicoated, so I can get it to sometimes flare nicely.

• @GMC wonderful work! I see myself spending some time at the airport this summer after watching this. The shots in Macau (?) look incredibly cinematic as well. Is that the Panagor, too? (DOF looks too shallow for the 20mm, or is it?)

• Shot with sanity v3.1 The patch works great, only in interlaced H mode with tele2 it faild. No problem i never use it, just want to test it. sadly no Internet ad the moment, So i uploaded this screen-shot with my phone. Shot with 1/500e and lens op 150mm tele2 (auto iso) and dynamic collor. Graded in sony vegas pro, with levels, white ballance and collorlab.

when my Internet is up again, i post a link to the video..

Processed_2.JPG
    1292 x 696 - 171K
  • Some work I did... shot with Quantum v5 If I don't remember incorrectly. I did the footage and grading/coloring - no editing. Please comment here (if you want to) instead of on Vimeo as it's not my page:

vimeo.com/35000111

• http://www.one80project.com.au/page/Top-Ten-finalists/Fracture-228

Heh guys, a fim comp here in Australia we made into the top ten. Shot with the GH2 with dirftwood settings (150mbps, i think?) cheers PS make sure you vote for us too ;)

• Sanity 3.1
    Lens all the time on 150mm with some parts with tele2.
    all shot in 720p 50 fps (only the last clip is 1080i converted to 1080p 50fps)
    720 upscaled to 1080

just a clip with v3.1 and color presets to try what editing does with it later in post.

• Driftwood GOP1 AQ2 'AQUAMOTION' Experimental patch
    All done in 720 50fps, with some twixtor in post.
    Edited in sony vegas, and only added the levels plug-in for the differences between light and dark.
    //edit, some parts with color corrector 2, and some parts with magic bullet filters.

1080i converted to 50p, then slowed down to 25p, and one part with twixtor (you can see it by the warp effects)
    First 19 seconds is original and still interlaced, from there on its 25p

This looks to be the right patch for me, it works without any error, and with shutter speeds up to 1/1000 and higher, and iso (for so far i have checked) 6400, and perhaps even higher.

• A simple music video, using the eoshd 44mb vanilla patch, and a cheap cctv 35 1,7 lens. Lightning was done with the led light zv96, quite happy with the result.

• Here is a slow motion test (Ralph_B's Sanity V3.1 patch, 720p@60 mode, H setting):

• And here is the really first thing I filmed with my GH2. It was actually shot before the hack even existed, but I though some of you might be interested in the fake HDR look.

• Just attempting a washed-out film look.

• quick test, no fancy stuff, just a walk in snow :-)

• @RRRR Nice job! really pleasant look for the interview. nice grading. What glass?

• @ttancredi thanks! It was shot with a canon 50mm f1.4 c-mount, a tv-16 lens from the 70s.. It's a really nice lens, highly recommended if you can find one! Also, the lighting turned out well with simple measures - I bounced some cheap industrial halogen's off the ceiling which gave a soft enhancement of available light.

• test video Topol M