Personal View site logo
PTool 3.60d topic
  • 259 Replies sorted by
  • To quote VK at the beginning of this thread:

"Also remember that last patch about ExTele in testers section is cruicial (means that it can brick your body)."
  • Testing with the 14-140 at 30mb 24h. Lowlight testing shows peak bitrate hit 32mb. The encoder in the gh2 is significantly improved over the gh1, so there probably isn't a need for huge bitrates. I'm going to keep testing slowly and scientifically to find the best bitrate to remove all mud. Vitality = hero
  • What card (class) are you using plasmamp? I can't record with 1080 progressive patch-- card error! I have a class 6! Thanks!
  • you need to get yourself some good class 10 cards. I have year old patriot lx cards (new ones are slower) and a about 5 pny class 10 cards for testing. I've been using them all on my hacked gh1. Right now I'm testing high bitrate 720p. The 720p on the gh2 badly needs the extra bitrate

Bumping the SH bitrate to 60mb seems to only effect the spiking I frames right now, average bitrate stays at 17mb. Maybe altering gop will change this. Right now I'm doing all my testing at -2 ev so there is plenty more tests ahead.
  • @plasmasmp So 30 mb for a stream bit-rate, but what is your average video bit-rate?
  • @dkitsov at the time I was testing a static lowlight scene so it was actually around 15. Now that I've been testing it with higher motion I haven't been able to get anything but Iframes to spike even with the bitrate turned up to 60mb for all modes and GOP cut in half for SH.
  • @plasmasmp same here, no matter what settings I change, the video stream bit-rate will not go above 22-23 mbps
  • "1080/24p seems to record OK with bitrate set at 44Mbit"

@EOSHD what settings have you set to get that?
  • The bitrate settings which will allow higher bitrate consistently are in the "Patches for testers" > "AVCHD Movie Mode" > "AVCHD Compression/Research" settings. The correct combo, in tandem with the "Patches for end users" > AVCHD settings, will result in the higher bitrate hack we are looking for
  • @dkitsov

Again, second post - StreamAnalizer.
  • I suggest to remember about AGC settings also.
    And someone must risk and try ExTele patch :-).
  • Looks like someone did... (alicangrgc)
  • Too early to say but it seems that no matter what settings I change I am not able to get more than 24mbps in a video stream...
  • @dkitsov

I am tired to repeat - use StreamAnalizer for each try. Bitrate number is not usefull at this time.
    It looks like only 1-2s starting interval is mostly affected by settings and later some reset occure.
  • how to address that reset...
    hmmm... encoder settings?
  • I've never used ptools before, i just have one question and the rest I'll figure out on my own... If I apply the 1080/60p encoder can I still switch to 1080/24p in the camera?
  • >If I apply the 1080/60p encoder can I still switch to 1080/24p in the camera?

Yes, it is different modes.
    60p is in no way suitable for end users.
    This are testers only thing.
  • Congrat Vitaly! Hope to see English soon
  • Sorry, maybe stupid question. But i fail to save the (.bin) file. A message comes up "wrong file name". What is the right one?
  • >But i fail to save the (.bin) file. A message comes up "wrong file name". What is the right one?

Look at the original name, and made new one changing last digit.
  • Another stupid question (sorry, i'm new to ptool). When changing "AVCHD Compression" the tip says "you must use other patches to have any effect". Which one? What i want is 1080/50i in 28Mbit
  • >Which one? What i want is 1080/50i in 28Mbit

In GH1 it had been Overall bitrate. Plus you can use Video buffer.
    Again this patches are for testers. You won't get 28Mbit 50i as in GH1. It is too soon for this.
  • >Another stupid question (sorry, i'm new to ptool)

dreamer,
    You might want to read this - it's a visual guide to using Ptools
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?212263-Ptool-for-beginners-Ptool-FAQ

and watch the vids on this page
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/304/how-to-step-by-step-gh1-hack-videos.-

and read just about everything on this page for background info
    http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?206-GH13-The-GH-Firmware-Hack
  • >"Vitaliy_Kiselev July 5
    >@dkitsov

>I am tired to repeat - use StreamAnalizer for each try. Bitrate number is not useful at this time.
    >It looks like only 1-2s starting interval is mostly affected by settings and later some reset occur"

I am using the stream analyzer. I did over 60 tests today and I can't say I see what you are talking about with ettings affecting the footage for a 1-2 seconds with a reset occurring. As a matter of fact I am testing by looking at both the bitrate and and the individual frames. What I am seeing more than anything is a cyclical nature when GOPs run in a form 01001001001, 0 being a 12 frame gop with a relatively low rates for I,p and b frames and 1 being a 12 frame gop with a relatively high rates for i,p and b frames. In other words I would have 1/2 a second of low rate followed by half a second of high rate followed by one second of low rate and then cycling 1/2 second high, 1 second low.
  • Has anyone already tested the AVCHD settings to make 1080p59,97? One of my most desired features (if it works)
    Also, has anyone tested if the popular/cheap Transcend 16GB and 32GH (class 10) cards can hold on to the increased bit-rates?
    My GH2 hasn't arrived yet... which I could be joining this boat with you now guys testing stuff, kinda dangerous but super exciting to be a part of the things to be discovered
    Good Luck sailors
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions