Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • You can always keep the camera in AF-S mode (switch top left on camera) then switch off the continuous AF in the movie menu. During shooting use shutter or touch-screen AF when you need to refocus. That's how I do it. Focus will then stay where you left it until you do either of the above things to refocus.
  • As soon as the Japanese to English patch is out, I'm gonna buy 2!
  • Or you could do half-pressing on shutter to lock the focus. AF works sometimes. But sometimes it just can't get it what I want. I like AF-C for deep DOF. I would definitely prefer MF + peaking for shallow DOF.
  • >As soon as the Japanese to English patch is out, I'm gonna buy 2!

This one will be in first release.
    In TZ10 topic you can see similar patch working on TZ10.
  • Any estimate on when that first release will be?
  • >Any estimate on when that first release will be?

I don't provide estimates is I am not sure.
    If I have any free time I spend it on this project.
    And this thing requires hours and hours a day.
  • > I don't provide estimates is I am not sure.

And what about a *rough* estimate? :-D
    Eg still this year, next year, next decade .. ;-)))

Keep up the good work.
  • >And what about a *rough* estimate? :-D

July will do?
  • Your Da Man!! :)
  • Any foreseeable problem running the ptool on MAC winebottler? My partner refuse to lend me her PC :(
  • Pixcanfly > get bootcamp dude! or parallel !!
  • >July will do?
    Yabadabadoo !!!! :-D
  • flyguy > I don't have a copy of Window :( What about crossover? Good?
  • Use this - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j9uqlp
    It is ready assembly for Mac.
  • Any body know a way to reduce the number of days in June so July will get here faster? Just kidding. Keep up the great work Vitaliy!
  • I'm sure there's some sort of pulldown you could apply to bring it down to 24.
  • > Any body know a way to reduce the number of days in June
    > so July will get here faster?

Perhaps, INcreasing the hack GOP will have a similar effect. GOP = Group of people, working on the hack.
  • Any news when the first patch is due? What else can we expect in this release other than language patch?
  • >Any news when the first patch is due

What do you mean?
    Testing of the first patches is in the past, actually.

>What else can we expect in this release other than language patch?

I'll hope to tell this after weekend.
  • I'm twitching in anticipation.
  • Can't wait. Any chance your hack could add IR based auto focus? Just kidding. :)
  • "July will do? "
    Porca Vacca!!!!!!
  • After using the GH2 on a real movie shoot over the last week, I'd say that the one thing that seems more useful than pretty much anything else is the ability to use the touch-zoom focus assist while an HDMI output is happening. I can't tell you how many times I pulled the HDMI cable out so I could use that feature, only to have to wait for a while for the HDMI to sync back up.

I didn't really even notice codec problems and we shot primarily in gardens and woodlands.
  • @Svart would love to see a trailer or something when you/they finish it. People don't believe me when I explain my reason for buying this over a 5d or 7d...I even lost a gig cause the guy(moron) didn't believe me about 24mbit ACVHD....its a well implemented codec and if you just change the log/trans setting to pro res (HQ)[*its (LT) by default] in FCP your footage looks awesome...seriously for 1k this is the BEST value in the video-world...period. And with the Hack it will just get better, and better...
  • normal that my goal is to have 14-140 zoom giving
    sometimes very few internal noises like a
    click??