Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • The GH1 costs about half of what the GH2 does. That is a benefit. Otherwise, most likely not.
  • > Can I request 25 hours/day for PAL and 23.976 hours/day for all NTSC countries?

> I would love to see 60 hours(actually 59.94 hours) in a day eventually.

> I'm afraid due to hardware limitations we can only do that by interlacing the hours of two half-days. If that doesn't make sense, it will in an hour ; ).

I think it will actually be 59.94 minutes per hour, with 30 days per month for NTSC and 31 days per month in PAL countries. On the poles there will be a perfect 180 days shutter speed to avoid any rolling and broken frames.

There are rumors, though, that in Russia there will be 13 months in a year.
  • Re-moved
  • Vitaliy, I know you hear this a billion times but keep up the great work. I've been traveling around 7 countries in the past 3 months with my GH2 and I've been keeping track of your progress every step of the way.

The cam is alright, but I can't wait til' you unleash beast mode on this baby.

Go project Stalin.
  • Guys, please start a new thread, this is for the GH2 hack.
  • >Guys, please start a new thread, this is for the GH2 hack.

I moved all posts to specific topics.
  • any more news on the GH2 hack. I am eager to buy the GH2 but not sure if its worth buying the Japanese Version because its about 400$ cheaper.

Thanks
  • >any more news on the GH2 hack

I am busy doing other things, including many not related to hack.
    Follow this topic and you'll know as soon as we'll have major news on upcoming hack.
  • @Vitaliy - silly question, but how do you follow a topic? 20 people have done it but I can't see how. Cheers, Mark
  • Either click on star in the right of topic title bar or just click in that box that says "Follows 20" :-)
    I know that this is kind of bad usability. We must improve it with time.
  • Vitaliy. Some questions about the firmware. I thought it was encrypted. How did you crack the encryption ?
  • >Vitaliy. Some questions about the firmware. I thought it was encrypted. How did you crack the encryption ?

Try to read this and dumping topics.
  • Re Japanese language menu: it seems that all GH2 baby-motherboards begin life as little Japanese-speaking, NTSC cameras, ready to change, *once only,* to another region. We just need that Panasonic "Initial Settings" software.
  • Vitaliy, I have a feature request if it's at all possible for you to do. Cisco WebEx is a leading video conferencing system. Cisco WebEx recognizes my Canon 7D via HDMI out at 1080i 59.94. Cisco WebEx does NOT recognize my GH2 via HDMI out at 1080i 60. I need It to recognize my GH2 to enable me to do live video recording while simultaneously holding live videoconference calls with one camera. In this moment, there are no configuration settings on the GH2 to change from 1080i 60 to 1080i 59.94 via HDMI out. Would it be possible for you to enable this configuration option in your new firmware? Thank you for your consideration. It would be a huge gift for me to be able to use the GH2 to simultaneously record video out and host a video conference call at the same time with only one camera.
  • >it seems that all GH2 baby-motherboards begin life as little Japanese-speaking, NTSC cameras, ready to change, *once only,* to another region.

It is not so. And you can't change region after it leave factory, camera do not allow it.
  • >>it seems that all GH2 baby-motherboards begin life as little Japanese-speaking, NTSC cameras, ready to change, *once only,* to another region.

>It is not so. And you can't change region after it leave factory, camera do not allow it.
    Vitaly, Could you please tell me what you make of those instructions from the Panasonic Repair Manual?

I'll see what my accredited Panasonic repairer says; after all, he was happy to do the 5-minute DV-in hack on the Sony VX1000 back in 1995.
  • >I'll see what my accredited Panasonic repairer says

I think that you completely misunderstand things.
    Words that you read at all this service stuff are applicable for special motherboards that are send to repair centers so they could set them to proper region (to not stock different versions). One time only, of course.
    For any normal camera all this words have absolutely no use.
  • Well, I tried the Service Manual's region-change instructions using the camera alone (no service device or computer connection). When it came to the region list, the only choice available was "Japanese (None)."
  • @Roberto

First, this is offtopic here.
    Second, I already described all to you. You are just wasting your own and others time.
  • It was just a question, Vitaly. If you read carefully, you'll see there's an option to reset initial settings for instances when the motherboard has *not* been changed. My question was that, if the Japanese model-type had never had a suffix added to it, then if would still allow it to be changed - just that once.
    It seems not. The problem was in the poor English semantics of the Service Manual - which is, however, very helpful in other ways to Japanese owners and I don't regret the purchase.
    I still hope the menu language will eventually be changeable.
  • >I still hope the menu language will eventually be changeable.

It will be, of course. But via normal menus as in GH1.
    And do not waste your time. People wasted it long time ago so you don't have to.
  • Just donated, Good Luck !! I really appreciate your efforts and I love the GH2 as it is right now too... but you make me very happy to think of the possibilities if, or more probably *WHEN* you are successful =), so exciting! Thank You.
  • lumix going to buy a GH2 for me is a lot of money, I
    like to know if you can put 25 to 60P a insurance 24mbs
    vitaliy thanks (google traductor)