Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood,
    am I understanding correctly that with "your" patches, this one (Driftwood 'Aquamotion' ver2 AQ2 all round and spanning - great for EX TELE and 80percent recording - better 1080p24 quality with spanning than SPANmyBITCHup - setb.zip) is next in quality to quantum?
  • @JDN For now continue to use AQuamotion v2 until a Quantum version is produced as Im doing deep analysis of image quality at the moment and looking at a few other things which I can't talk about yet. Soon we may have more improvements...
    Here's a nice b&w Aquamotion patch video that shows how good 100M is. :-)

• The Quantum patch is still under development and there are a number of things we are looking at including improving image at different bitrates.
    Here's the full graded INTRA showreel now up on Vimeo :-) Well done to @Bueller.

• Gentlemen.

Good tidings to all during this holiday season. I wanted to thank you all for letting me grade such quality footage. It was graded with Davinci Resolve and there was also no noise reduction done. If any of you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I would say PM me though so we don't hijack this thread. Big ups to Mr. Driftwood and all you crazy lunatics for your ceaseless quest for excellence.
  • @driftwood -- if you got a sec mate, can you tell me what (if any) big changes you made from AQuamotion v2 to the 100mbps L settting on Quantum? Reason being, want to create a patch with a 100 mbps H setting and then a 44 L setting for a two week trip next week where I won't be taking a laptop/external drives, just a bunch of SD cards, so space is at a premium and I want a fallback in case I get 1/2 way through the trip and have chewed through more than half of the cards. Hacked GH2 footage of Calakmul to come in about two weeks!
  • I'm having spanning problem with the increase in frame rate buffer on my Sandisk 64 GB SDXC (95 MB/s). With 'standard' values, there's no spanning problem.
  • Ok i just checked and stabilizer on my camera is "OFF" and i can't turn it on with the panasonic 20mm 1.7.
    With my other panasonic lens stabilizer works fine..
    I think the 20mm pancake doesn't have image stabilisation that's why..
  • Had no problem shooting or spanning on Quantum v5 with the increase in frame rate suggested by driftwood for sdxc 95mbps cards -- was just filming tv as a test tho so may fail on more detail.
  • @TrackZillas well on a tripod it's cool. Maybe it's just me but i did some handheld Shots and they were kinda shaky. Like some shaking effect were added because of the Q5 patch. Is that also happening to somebody else or it's just me?
  • Thanks @patlett for the feedback
  • Oh yeah, and I was shooting 1080p24 H. Probubly should of said that.
  • Hey. First time posting.

Was testing out the Quantum V5 with the upped frame limit (for those with Sandisk 64Gb 95mbps cards, which i do have) in H mode and it failed. Was gonna test spanning but I didn't make it that far.

Don't know if it matters but i was filming a Himalayan cat (basically a giant ball of extremely fine hair). Donno if that counts as a stress test. I'll probably try again with the default frame limit.

Just thought you might wanna know.
  • @FGCU What lomo primes did you specifically used for the shoots? love the look, and the milky texture that it gives to the image great work man..
  • @Swiss_Boy Looking good keep it up... how's the motion with Q5?
  • @FGCU Great work man those still grabs look fantastic...
  • @FGCU Looks great! Skin tones are great and the feel of the images are soo nice! I love how the camera renders light.

I just did a bunch of interviews (all shot with a canon c-mount tv lens 50mm f1.4), which I unfortunately cannot show right now as I did it for someone else and there might be rights issues - I used very simple lighting and it turned out great, and graded extremely well also..
    Maybe I can link something later when it's edited.
  • Thx @johnnym i used the following lenses:

- Panasonic 14-42mm f3.5/5.6
    - Canon FD 50mm f1.4
    - Panasonic 20mm f1.7
    - Canon FD 135mm f2.8
  • Nice anamorphic look @Swiss_Boy. Which lens did you use?
  • Shot this today with Quantum V.5

Without the fact that it doesn't span without a 95Mbps Card is Quantum V.5 the best patch so far for getting the best quality at 24H?

I read that it's close to Seaquake for 1080p 24H but which one is really better ?

Also is there another version of quantum that's more stable than V5? But will it produce the same quality?

I'm reading everything on here but i'm still confused...I only shoot in 1080p 24H mode so i'm just wondering if i should continue using this Great patch and i didn't had any problem with it so far or should i use one of the previous ones for more stability.

Thanks in advance
  • @FGCU They're great, good work :-)
  • FGCU Looks great man. What look profile are you using in camera?
  • Looking good, @FGCU!
  • @bkmcwd still trying to get a compressed version that doesn't smear. in ProRes444 it's spectacular. But going to MP4 the compression is smearing the high detail areas.
  • DOOOPEEE I love what he did with mine! 2 thumbs up!
  • @shian
    Thanks! :-)
    Where can I see your graded version?

"what kind of record time are you getting with it?"

I am not sure exactly, but I think 1 minute to 2 minute half per 1GB.
    Of course, in every patch, the bit rate changes by the object and ISO to shoot.

@driftwood
    @Bueller
    How amazing! Thanks! :-)
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions