Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @driftwood I suggest that you create a zip file with ALL of your best settings included...
    and then simply update that... you have enough now- like a 'best of' album! :-D
  • LOL @alcomposer. I think the last 3 are pretty good to cover all - but who knows - you can't please everybody it seems. See the patches page for seAQuake (AQ3, AQ2), AQuamotion (AQ2, AQ2), and SPANmyBITCHup (AQ2, AQ1) ALL 3 with the new enriched encoder settings.
  • @Driftwood
    Thanks for these last three patches. I agree with alcomposer.

I confess my testing is dodgy.
    I fast dolly along my grey/white/speckled carpet in both low and high light.
    I wave my camera around my garden epileptic style. I can't seem to crash my camera.

Hopefully will have another video to do soon, I shall be using my GH2, and shall donate for the second time at that point.

Cheers

• @driftwood the patches page (unless its has been culled) is getting a bit large and talkative... This is why I suggested to use your same post and just update the set?

Don't worry- keep up the good work- did you get a chance to check out the dance installation work we filmed with your last intra patch? (170mb/s)
  • @alcomposer couldnt get your link to work - could u post exact url mate, thanks. Would love to see it. Nick
  • @Jspatz
    @TrackZillas
    The Encorder setting tuning of driftwood is amazing!
    I am testing what gave driftwood tune to my patches now, and the effect is GREATEST also in my patches.
    However, since tune of driftwood cannot be used as it is, I am changing only a few.
    Since driftwood tune has not been given yet to the patches which I exhibited until now, I apply it to my patches after this.
    On the patch which gave driftwood tune, I am going to write "with driftwood tune". :-)
    @driftwood
    Thank you for your incredibly wonderful works!

I am sorry that my strange English is unclear. :-(
  • @bkmcwd Thank you mate. Glad you got GOP3 working nicely. I know youve done some incredible hard work, well done. Nick
  • @driftwood
    Thanks mate too.
    I am very glad if I have so said from you. :-)
    bk
  • How is it possible that these patches span with such high bitrates?
  • @wigginjs Ah, now thats a secret! ;-) At 1080p24, AQuamotion 24H mode will give an 8 gig card around 12 minutes, 16gig card 24 minutes, and 32gig card 48 mins of continuous recording. The 24L mode a bit longer ;-)
  • Thanks for your wonderful work again Driftwood for releasing AQuamotion' version 2 =)
  • Just uploaded seAQuake, Video Bit Rate is 166M at 24H not 176M, is that correct?
  • Thanks Nick,
    Hey, I see SPANmyBITCHup 24H is at 76Mb/s. Are the i-frames large enough to support decent detail with minimal visible compression artifacts? I take the i-frames average are just short of 400KB?

Also, I see you're using your seaquake settings - does this maintain a higher bitrate under lower light conditions then your previous AQ3 only settings?

I will be testing both of these this weekend. Can't thank you enough
  • @gameb yep :-) Dont worry, ignore the 176M in the name of the patch, seaquake is 166M, but the i frames are just as high - its primed to get the most out of the video buffers :-) Achieves a tad more than AQuarius, REAQuainted, etc... You think I'd make this new patch worse?!
  • @driftwood you don't stop uuh!!! great work mate gonna be trying out your new SeAquake tonight cheers..
  • @proaudio4 I'm suprised myself how well AQuamotion v2 holds up actually. Looks good - and its still INTRA! :-)
  • @TrackZillas enjoy seaquake - its very nice. AQuamotion v2 and SPANmyBITCHup are for the span fans - seaquake is for best quality FILMic recording.
    AQuamotion v2 & spanmybitchup will also give you EX Tele mode and 80% slowdown recordings whilst spanning.
  • mjpeg is next! :-)
  • Thanks driftwood for your patches!!! The higher iso settings are greyed out beyond 3200 in SeAQuake. Any idea how to use the higher iso's ?
  • Two words: Holy shit
    No sooner did I post my message regarding SPANmyBITCHup, I had not finished reading on and found out you tweaked up the new AQuamotion v2!

I'm going to give all three of these lovelys a good rogering this weekend! LOL
  • @proaudio4 make sure you share your filming of this weekends rogerings!

:-P
  • @L1N3ARX RE: seaquake - seems ok on mine?! Make sure 'Maximum ISO Limit Removal' is checked on yours in ptools.
  • AQuamotion v2 and SPANmyBITCHup were left max iso off - here's the same patches with it switched on. :-)

Here's all three with MAX ISO = ON

Nick
    Driftwood 'SeAQuake' - its INTRA all round apart from 720p60 (GOP3). All settings now with enchanced Encoder QP - setc.zip
    797B
    Driftwood 'Aquamotion' ver2 AQ2 all round and spanning - great for EX TELE and 80percent recording - better 1080p24 quality with spanning than SPANmyBITCHup - setb.zip
    765B
    Driftwood - 'SPANmyBITCHup' INTRA Spanning and Any SD card in the Type 6-10 range - setf.zip
    642B
  • Thanks for all your hard work Sir @driftwood. I like your model, always strive for better. I can't wait to try out these new patches this weekend when I finally have some free time :)
  • @driftwood, would you care to share with us your reasons for setting the various patch parameters the way you have? Or if there are explanations somewhere else, please let me know. In particular:

Why do you choose such specific numbers for the frame limits, like 6100808 instead of round numbers?

Why do you set the low bit rate just above the frame limit * frame rate, and then set the high bit rate another 15 or so Mbps above that? From my testing, if the frame limit * frame rate is somewhat close to the bit rate setting, the bit rate setting doesn't even matter - H and L end up recording at the same rate.

How do you decide what bit rate is too high for AQ3, and why wouldn't you use AQ4?

What are the meanings of encoder settings 2-4? Do you think these need to be changed for different bit rates?

Why did you stop using Video buffer? How did you decide to set the 24p video buffer? What's FB2?

Thanks again for your hard work and excellent contributions.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions