Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • How we make 50i PSF material to show in NLE (i use FCPX) like 25p ?
    I want to make a video with footage from my nex 5n (25p) and GH2 (50i psf).
    when i put my gh2 footage in the same timeline with original 25p , it show me that it needs render....
  • @driftwood you really made changes to the your new SeAQuake! Can't wait!
  • The economy patch of Q18 was renewed.
    Although the bit rate exceeds 100M under high stress, I think that this becomes the about an average of 60M bit rate usually.
    With this patch, since frame size is not compressed even if moving a camera up and down in woods, I think that I will give the name in connection with woods or forest.
    It is the same as usual the arrangement of Chris except 24p.

@HillTop1
    I am sorry that I did not reply to you sooner.
    Since 88M patch is not so good, try this instead!
    I stick my done patches on "GH2 Patch Vault, most popular patches in one place" thread. :-)
    bkmcwd New_176M3GOP Q18 ECO Patch.zip
    619B
    q18_iso3200.JPG
    1298 x 632 - 182K
    q18_trees_wide.JPG
    1297 x 633 - 193K
  • @FGCU INTRA GOP1 - only 720p60 is GOP3
  • @FGCU 166M for H. Its primed to the buffer fullness, dont need 176M, you can raise the bitrate higher if you like to no advantage - the i frames won't get any bigger.
  • @bkmcwd
    This is my favorite patch so far. Best IQ. Spans in most cases and seems to play on everything.
  • @bkmcwd great thanks, will check it as soon as I get home. What's the bitrate at 24H and 720p60 then?

@driftwood looking forward to test out SeAQuake as soon as I get home. I think I will start bringing my GH2 to work lol. I love your nomenclature of your patches lol. What's the bitrate at 720p60? On a separate note, how's your collaboration project coming? Dying to see the finished product.
  • @HillTop1 Still editing the project. Looking good :-) SeAQuake is kinda cool :-)
  • I have a big question about these patches.
    Remember, few month ago, some of us have encountered an issue with their 66mbps hack : Camera crashed when the .mts hit 4GB. At this time, we thought that the card speed limits was the problem.
    I have tested 2 rates at 166mbps and 50mbps, with the AQuarius 2 patch. (Other Values remain the same). Camera Crash after 4GB, both in 50mbps and 166mbps (even if the bitrate was under 50mbps in the second case). I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 45MBps, so, write speed should not be a problem.
    So, do you think this problem is due to the video buffer or something else ?
  • @Jspatz
    Thanks mate! :-)

@HillTop1
    Welcome! ;-)
    "What's the bitrate at 24H and 720p60 then?"
    I think that it will be about 60-70M usually as a matter of fact although 24H is set as 176M.
    In 720p, I have adopted the arrangement of Chris as it is, and since I am not using 720p at all, I do not know.
  • @Driftwood ... is it possible to make a patch with lower bitrate for 24p but keep GOP1 (all others the same) ?
    I don't have a big card, and would like to save some space.
  • Is there any bigger SD card (64 - 128 GB) that is combatible with GH@ and those settings ?
  • Finally... i tried the latest Driftwood settings and in my 16 GB SD Sandisk extreme (30mb/sec) , 24p recording stopped after 3.50 minutes( 4.2 GB) .
    Is this normal ?
    Is there any solution ?
  • It's what I was refering to, in my last post : The 4,29GB limit of these patches. It's a limitation of the FAT32 format. But the camera should jump to another file when the first one hit 4,29GB. It does when your are recording at 60mbps or less, but It crash when your are over 60mbps
  • In honor of AQuarius v2 - here are some screen grabs from the Monterey AQuarium. Ungraded. Very dark in there, most shots are 1000+ ISO @1.7 aperture. Can't wait to make some edits.

The jellyfish shots are included to show the smooth background gradations - no banding!
    01.png
    1880 x 1054 - 2M
    02.png
    1884 x 1060 - 2M
    03.png
    1883 x 1061 - 2M
    04.png
    1880 x 1056 - 3M
    06.png
    1884 x 1059 - 3M
  • @driftwood

about seaquake
    the 24p is stable. I don't use any interlace setting because they are evil.

I realize 720/60p is by far the toughest to get working at higher bitrates. With seaquake, it fails on both sh an h quality settings. With 14-140 lens and slow zooms and pans, af on. Fails in about 5-6 seconds. I use only class 10 genuine sandisk.

Aquaris 2 was more stable for 720 as I recall.

What do you recommend to get 720 60 more stable?

I can raise gop and play with aq. I don't quite understand the frame buffers and frame limits.
  • @Hallvalla Very nice grabs. :-)
    @toxotis70 Mate, you can't have it all!!!! This is an extremely hi quality patch that you won't get without the high bitrate. Learn to work with the spanning issue. If you want good video quality with spanning simply stick to the base firmware settings - they're good enough!

However, Just for the sake of spanfans, I will make a spanning version of GOP1 but the quality will be half that of 'SeAQuake' or 'AQuarius' etc... just so you know. I'll upload it tonight.
  • @chauncy thanks for the test. what sd card did you use? weve had no problems here with 30Mb/s and 45Mb/s cards with 720p60. Ive yet to test it on my 14-140s but it was fine on a variety of manual lenses and the 1.7 panny pancake.

Hint: Try taking down 60fps a thousand at a time on the frame limits until it works with your card with 720p60. You can play with AQ for 720p and make it = 1 too.
  • Thanks... you are the man !

Any 64Gb sd card suitable for those patches ?
  • @driftwood I've just tested your last patch. And It worked for 3 minutes and crash the camera. Now, It doesn't
    want to record at all (Speed limit error), on my sandisk extreme pro 45MBps
  • @BenjaminDUPLAIX To restore files etc... tools such as these can work;-
    https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/avc_download.htm
    Or, if the card is corrupted, file system repair on windows/mac, copy over your private folder to your hard disk, then reformat your card IN CAMERA and start again.
    Normally, a switch off, battery out, turn back on should enable recording again.
  • @driftwood
    I use 30mb/s genuine sandisk
    My tests are pretty tough but not anything you wouldn't encounter on a real world event capture. AF on, pans and zooms, move from bright outside to dim inside.

about 720/60p:

seaquake works with 20mm lens. Fails with 14-140. I lowered aq to 1 and 14-140 worked.

However if I recorded longer than about 30 sec with 14-140 it won't play back in the camera. First time that's happened! Less than 30 seconds and it played back in camera.
    both clips played back on computer and stream parser showed nothing odd.

• @chauncy Playback can magically come back sometimes. You have to remember this high bitrate INTRA setting can cause audio to stutter, video to act strabgely on camera or off SD card. Copy it over to a decent computer and its hard drive and youre good to go.
    This is using better macroblocking & qp techniques and the quality is definitely better - tested with Elecasrd Streameye ;-)
    Weve had stunning results down here at Driftwood studios. Gotta admit though, I prefer good manual lenses over Panny's 14-140. Dont get me wrong its a good lens if youre into auto focusiing but its problematic. Bring it back down to 6080880 in the frame limits for the 14-140 lens and test.
  • @BenjaminDUPLAIX In particular try AVCCAM SD Card File Recovery for mac or pc. It will restore and rebuild the file structure and contents of the PRIVATE folder etc..
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions