Personal View site logo
GH2 driftwood hack in shootout with Canon C300
  • 471 Replies sorted by
  • FS100 is S35 so it should be the same as the C300 if I am not mistaken.
  • 4 is the C300 according to Bloom and the fact it is the only one you can't download, hehe.
  • 1- 5DmkII (90% sure)
    2- GH2 (60% sure - same bokeh size than 5 slight yellow tint)
    3- Nikon (75% sure - by elimination)
    4- C300 (verified by PB)
    5- AF100 (60% sure - same bokeh size than 2)
    6- F3 AB (verified by PB)
    7- F3 Slog (verified by PB)
    8- FS100 (verified by PB)
    9- NEX5 (90% sure - smallest bokeh)
    10- 7D (verified by PB)

EDIT: just realized I was matching @Alex
  • Phenixone no ,Nex5 had large sensor than gh2 and af100
  • smallest bokeh cam from 4/3 sensor
  • I think one thing can be said for sure, surprising results!
  • My first guess was 4, which is the C300, then it is the #2.

Also, I agree with Kholi, why would you post an out of focus frame grab? Best focus on #2 is on her back right shoulder.
  • I can confirm that Philip filmed the Richmond lock shot on the L setting.
  • @Driftwood Have you checked out the skin tone pics yet, curious as to your thoughts since it is your patch.
  • Bloom confirmed that the GH2 is either 2 or 9, if you cross-reference his Twitter with his Facebook.

Edit: Need to stop typing quickly wrote "Boom" instead of "Bloom", which must have been a Freudian slip in reference to the spike in attention his posts garner for a given product. :)
  • All Im gonna say is wait for the report, he likes the GH2...
  • Good to hear, me to haha.
  • Not Graded? well, maybe not on purpose, but see EXIF output radius sharpen:
    exif.txt
    BloomShootout.doc
  • @Roberto

Revome this EXIF data, please, as it makes topic unreadable.
  • @Roberto If you put the into a text attachment instead, it won't take up as much space, but we'll still have the info. :)
  • I guess if we can't tell the difference we should use the cheapest cam and spend the rest on Chip Butties.
  • I Like No 9--which is it? Has to be AF100, Nikon,
    NEX5, 7D or GH2. If it is the Nex5N I guess I'll have to get out the ol' checkbook. Ack.

Zoom in four clicks and you can see the slight bar across the whole imagine, right at the level of the tip of her chin. That's the GH2 I'm used to seeing when I push it's colors in the Symphony suite. It's a great image to play with. You always keep an eye on that line when posting the sharper GH2-X footage.

Impressive. I'd work with that F3 S-log or this any day. FS100 isn't bad. Now, if we only had a real flat Technicolor / S-log setting on GH2. Over that left eye brow really makes a big difference with the lighting kit they were using. GH2 is a yummy camera until people blow out those highlights. No data = no good in post!

1 is the frustrating 5D for sure. It just pushes that sensor way to far for it's own good. It's images are always on the verge of destruction.

2 is the 24 MB AF101. Soft, soft, soft.

3 is the Nikon. 5 is the 5n. Who cares. Both are a hot mess in post.

I
  • Camera shootouts are just another way to measure the dicks.
    Just for slightly more grown up boys.
    Boys in such an age could find much more interesting use for their dicks.
    But they constantly forget about this.
    And spend their time on this crap.
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

Well said bro. I made a similar comment on Koo's Nofilmschool thread about the Zacuto shootout, and I had a thousand replies flaming me!
  • I see your point about the clicks, but for me the shootout is the only way to learn something, I get a bunch of gear, and see which one I like the best. Otherwise, you never really know.
  • Why the criticism when this thread hasn't turned into a flame war? I think the overall consensus is that all of the images look nice. I agree with the dick measuring metaphor but I do shoot and it is nice to highlight that I can get quality results even on a budget. Sure you can say the GH-2 is a great camera but with nothing to compare it to but heavily compressed Vimeo or Youtube videos you are just running your mouth. I do shoot and it is nice to know that if I enter into a film festival against something shot on a F3 it doesn't look like garbage. If image quality doesn't count why hack the camera in the first place.
    -edit grammer
  • Disappointing that the GH-2, in this test is 9. Way to contrasty, and the dark hair no detail.
  • >Disappointing that the GH-2, in this test is 9. Way to contrasty, and the dark hair no detail.

:-)
    Why do you care?
  • disneytoy if you are disappointed.buy a canom 550d or nikon :-)