Personal View site logo
GH2 driftwood hack in shootout with Canon C300
  • 471 Replies sorted by
  • All Im gonna say is wait for the report, he likes the GH2...
  • Bloom confirmed that the GH2 is either 2 or 9, if you cross-reference his Twitter with his Facebook.

Edit: Need to stop typing quickly wrote "Boom" instead of "Bloom", which must have been a Freudian slip in reference to the spike in attention his posts garner for a given product. :)
  • @Driftwood Have you checked out the skin tone pics yet, curious as to your thoughts since it is your patch.
  • I can confirm that Philip filmed the Richmond lock shot on the L setting.
  • My first guess was 4, which is the C300, then it is the #2.

Also, I agree with Kholi, why would you post an out of focus frame grab? Best focus on #2 is on her back right shoulder.
  • I think one thing can be said for sure, surprising results!
  • smallest bokeh cam from 4/3 sensor
  • Phenixone no ,Nex5 had large sensor than gh2 and af100
  • 1- 5DmkII (90% sure)
    2- GH2 (60% sure - same bokeh size than 5 slight yellow tint)
    3- Nikon (75% sure - by elimination)
    4- C300 (verified by PB)
    5- AF100 (60% sure - same bokeh size than 2)
    6- F3 AB (verified by PB)
    7- F3 Slog (verified by PB)
    8- FS100 (verified by PB)
    9- NEX5 (90% sure - smallest bokeh)
    10- 7D (verified by PB)

EDIT: just realized I was matching @Alex
  • 4 is the C300 according to Bloom and the fact it is the only one you can't download, hehe.
  • FS100 is S35 so it should be the same as the C300 if I am not mistaken.
  • @disneytoy both nikon and 5n has aps-c sized sensors. We know the second image is not Nikon. But if you look closely the bokeh is slightly bigger than on 3 and 9.
  • 2,3, and 9 have the smallest bokeh. So other than the AF100, which is the next smallest sensor? Sony?
  • #1: 5D
    #2: NEX5
    #3: AF100
    #5: D7000
    #9: GH2
  • Reckless yes for me number 9 and 3 lock like the same sensor size,1 cam be 5d
  • 2 Would make sense as 5D, then, since it's out of focus.
  • If 3 is the AF100 that's pretty nuts. Look at the pixelization happening to the right of her head where the light falls off, and the stairstepping in the bokeh on the left side.
  • If 9 is the Gh-2 then the af-100 probably has to be 3 look at the shadows, looks 24mbps.
  • 9 is the smallest sensor and 1 is the largest. Just look at the Bokeh and you can tell the difference in crop factor.The larger the sensor the more compression. You have to widen from a Full-frame crop to a 2x crop to get the same frame. Wider lens = smaller bokeh.
  • 2 and 5 look the best over all.
  • Ha ha, I give up, but damned if 2 isn't the skin tones I am used to getting after I transcode.
  • @plasmasmp

Hmm you may be right about 9, but it's hella oversaturated to have everything dialed down.
  • 9 is GH2, has to be - look at high ISO bar in lower 2/3 on left side lol.

My prediction
    9 Gh2
    5 AF100
    1 nex
    2 5d
    3 d7000

It would be really easy with a highlight gradation - the AF100 would stick out like a yellow thumb