Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Guess its to goal to reach reliable spanning on this card at highest bitrates. But its still beeing testet, so i would not rely on it itm. Just wait another 2 weeks, until then downgrade to something that has been tested to the end.
  • Ok so i guess i will have to merge the files in post..But besides Aquamotion V.2 is there another higher quality patch like seaquake or quantum v4 or v5 that spans in 24H? Knowing that i will get a transcend sdxc 64gb class 10 because i heard 2 or 3 users saying they work good and allows spanning.
  • The only way would be to lower the bitrate that far that 7 minutes fit into 4 Gb. Which I guess you don´t want. The 4 Gb limit is caused by fat32 file system, and there is no way around it itm.
  • First of all i wanna say thanks to Vitaly @driftwood @kae Lpowell and all the other developpers and testers for making this $700 camera a real Movie Making tool. I really apreciate yall hard work and passion.

I know that's not possible with Seaquake but Is it possible with Aquamotion V.2 or another patch to have 1 file of 7 minutes if record for 7 minutes long? I need one file of 7 minutes and not 2 files of 3:50 and 3:10.
    The reason why i need this is because i shoot music videos and if the song is longer than 4 minutes than it will be harder to sync the shots.

Thanks in advance
  • Also, any chance MJPEG 2560 x 1080 will come back in future versions or is it too unstable compared to 2048x864? I have Sandisk 64gb 95mb/s.
  • @Driftwood, just patched Quantum v5...so, the 2048x864 it isn't 2:37 right out of the camera right? I would need need a 1.33x adapter like the LA7200? And, the 2160x810 would be 2:66 with the 1.33x adapter? Sorry for the noob question.
  • @FGCU, there's very little difference in performance between the 30 MB/s and 95 MB/s cards when used over the HS interface, which has a top speed of less than 25 MB/s. If you optimize for the 95 MB/s cards, you'll squeeze out a few more percentage points, at best. It hardly makes any difference.
  • mjpeg stopped after ~1:30 minutes of recording with the Transcend 32, footage looks great tho! great work !

@FGCU guess I better upgrade!

@Sage, why is 1080i better?
  • @tody dw we'll be fine tuning Quantum for type 10s and 64GB 95Mbp/s cards - thanks for the testing. Nick
  • @sage 16gb sandisk extreme hd video 30mb/s
  • Fwiw... 1080i will give you much better slow mo on the gh2 in particular (if there is enough bitrate).
  • quantum 5
    720p/60 gets card write errors in a few seconds in both high and low quality.
    sandisk 30mb/sec. I pan and zoom with 14-140 lens.

1080i seems stable.
  • @tody thanks Tody for the report. Your views have been taken onboard.
  • @driftwood
    Your quantum v5 is very unstable for me at 720p. It stopped on all five clips ranging from 15-30 seconds using sandisk 30mb, but the clips definitely have more details. Going back to your stable aquamotion v2.
  • @driftwood - just flashed your latest Quantum V5 patch.
    2560x1080p mjpeg is amazing!
    Vegas will import 2560x1080 but rendering was done in 1920x810 (values over 1920 are not accepted for mpeg4 in Vegas 10)
    Because of this squeeze the grain in the rendered cli[p is very fine even @ 3200 iso!! 800 and 1600 iso are so clean! Have a nice further december month!
  • @driftwood I have tried allot of these new patches but AQuamotion 100M -considering space file size vs quality...gives me amazing quality when graded through Color straight off Prores so its my personal favorite - no 5dtorgb nothing...just straight to Color... plus its super stable. I'm going to use it for the feature film I'm shooting next month....So props again...good Idea to put it on the Low of the Quantum. I have to re-install FCS because somehow I deleted all my master templates/plugins I use but after I get it up again I will share my grading tests from with AQuamotion with you all. Trying to get a nice Super16mm look.
  • >>I have been able to record high bitrates 24H at 166mb/s and 24L at 100MB/s on the Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s >>

But it failed at Ex-Tele, 1080 80% and 720p60 with the Sandisk Extreme 30MB. So I changed some settings a lot more down:
    24H 96mb GOP3
    60pSH GOP15

Now everything works fine and the IQ and noise behavior is amazing...
  • AQuamotion's 100M H setting is now on the Quantum L setting :-)
  • @sohus quantum still works fine with 30mb/sec Sandisk -- all the talk of the new SDXC cards is just that they will span with driftwood's highest settings, the first cards to do that. If spanning is important but new cards are not in your budget, use Aquamotion 2, which gives you 100 mb/s I frame and will span on most class 10 cards. If spanning doesn't matter, just use your 30 mbps cards with driftwood's latest and greatest.
  • @sohus
    I have been able to record high bitrates 24H at 166mb/s and 24L at 100MB/s on both the Sandisk Extreme 30mb/s and Transcend 64gb SDXC class 10. As a matter of fact, I have been able to span at both of these high bitrates on Transcend 64gb SDXC card (less than $100).
  • @driftwood
    Do the Quantum settings work with the 30mb/sec Sandisk or only the new 95mb/sec one? Also, what about Transcend 32GB... TerrAQuake? Going to shoot lots of stuff the coming 2 weeks. I think I will settle with TerrAQuake if the quality is not that bad compared to the newer settings. I want to buy the 95mb/sec but I wait for prices to come down. 200 EURO's is too much, 150 EURO is more like it for 64GB.
  • I so wish this was available two months ago.
    @driftwood, i will absolutely use these in the future so thank you for the effort. i'll try some real world random test this weekend.
  • v5 is all about 720p60 and 1080i60 improvements.
  • @Etb, I just modified his V5 for my mjpeg settings and audio. I'm playing with it now. The 24p H and L settings (V5) seem to be the same. Driftwood mentioned slight tweeks in 24p H&L for quality but higher bit rates, so I'm guessing he wasn't takling about 24p H & L settings, ........but I am confused....
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions