Personal View site logo
GH2 720p50/60 and 1080i60 Settings
  • 254 Replies sorted by
  • @gameb
    Sure, you can change the data rate.
    BTW, I've done additional testing and now recommend that you set Auto Quantizer for 1080 modes to AQ4 instead of AQ3. I've been amazed at the quality I'm getting. Even 44M is very close to Quantum 5.
  • @Ralph_B - About your sanity vs2: what do you think, could I lower the 24P settings to 44Mbps (24H) and 32Mbps (24L)? Cheers
  • Can't wait for future developments on 720p60. It's the standard in my industry and I can't wait to improve the quality. I'm loving the 24p stuff but it's really going to make a difference when I can ramp the quality on 720p60.

Thanks @driftwood @Ralph_B @Vitaliy_Kiselev and everyone else who's doing such amazing work.
  • @gib Thanks gib, we're looking at a few more amendments to these settings for the next beta.
  • 1080 modes stable as a rock, but 720 60fps failing after about 8 or 9 seconds.

Using my recently aquired Sandisk SDXC 64gb 95mb card.
    The 1080 footage I got is awesome though :)
  • nice work Driftwood, I will give the 720p 60fps a good blast this weekend :)
  • Try this 60p /1080i60 fans.Quantum BETA v5. Best constant average frames for 60p you'll see.
    Driftwood 'Quantum' BETA 5 - setd.zip
    796B
  • Normal mode, like the quality this patch makes, so I guess I have to order a new card :)
  • @antticky
    16GB. I tried to reproduce your problem, but can't. I shot 720 60P for 2 minutes with wild, continuous panning and had no problems. Are you shooting normal or ETC? 720 60P in ETC mode will occassionally give a write card speed error, but normal mode has been rock solid in my experience.
  • @Ralph_B
    Do you have 16gb or 32gb.
    I did some tests outdoor today and it fails sometimes when panning
  • @Ralph_B
    ok thx I m gone try it :-).
  • @antticky
    Well, your picture certainly "looks" like the card I used. All I can suggest is to try a different card.
  • @magnifico
    Do not be afraid of the long GOP. When I developed SANITY, I tested many GOPs from short to long, and GOP 30 hit the sweet spot for 50P. It should be excellent for Twixtor. Try it.
  • magnifico.
    i did download the clip from driftwood.
    and twixtor did a great job with it....
  • @Ralph_B
    thx for advice. I am a little bit scared about 720p50 GOP Size=30 in sanity v2.
    Do you think that for slow motion or use of twixtor (slow motion with interpolation beetween images) plugin in premiere pro, this huge GOP won't give P or B "poor quality frames"?
  • @Ralph_B
    No 20MB/s, this is the card.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Secure-Digital-Capacity-Extreme/dp/tech-data/B0037FLUYU/ref=de_a_smtd

EDIT: I did order that card in the link, but I just checked the card and it says 30MB/s
    http://i42.tinypic.com/fdrtit.jpg
  • @antticky
    I developed SANITY using Sandisk Extreme HD Video 30MB/s cards. Is that the card you're using?
  • Sanity v2 760p doesn't work with my SanDisk Extreme Video HD 16GB
  • @magnifico and @antticky
    Try SANITY v2. This is what it's for.
  • @magnifico
    I also want to know what setup is good with a lot of motion and for pannings.
    Going to film snowmobiling.
  • @Petee28
    I've never used that mode, but it should work for what you want to do. As always, just experiment.
  • may be the right place here for...an advice :
    Which (best) setup may I choose for my footage of skiing (i want 720p50 for slow motion pp and br max 70 Mb/s)? With a lot of motion and quick and not dirty pannings... :-)
    thx
  • @daihard

Yep, that is always a possibility. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • @Ralph_B

My bad, i should of phrased it better. In Ptools under patches for users, I double clicked AVC movie mode, then AVC fps, then the 60-29 option is clickable. Then I clicked the txt and the warnings popped up.