Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • Hey guy's here is a new video that I just uploaded on youtube using @driftwood latest patch Quantum v2..
    Lens Pany 20mm f1.7 Iso 320-1250
    Profile Cinema (-2-1-0-2)
    No color corrections
    Custom W.B (3400K) to neutralize between halogen & fluorescent softbox lighting..
  • So, to be clear.

2560 x 1080 (1.33x)
    2880 x 1080 (1.5x)
    3840 x 1080 (2x)

Or, any smaller derivatives of the above that are stable. Having said that though, I'd rather stretch in post instead of losing vertical resolution. So if we can't get 1080 lines stable, then I think it might be a bit pointless. Very keen to see how far you can push this though Nick :-)
  • I have 1.33x, 1.5x and 2x also. 2x is too wide though, so I'd be interested in the above suggestion, although I highly doubt it will be possible.
  • @Driftwood, it's probably best if I just tell you my lenses. This hurts my brain.

I have 1.33x, 1.5x and 2x adapters. I believe there is also a rare 1.75x .. I have never seen one.

It would be extra nice, if we had settings to make a 2x adapter record only the center 2.39 and center 2.65 throwing the wastage away at point of recording

Cheers

Kevin
  • @Driftwood

I needd a 2, 35 without having to use special lenses anamorphic.

Driftwood thank you
  • yep!
    @driftwood
    Thanks Nick!
  • @driftwood

So you think VGA is worth it? I stand corrected!

@driftwood @ehr @sohus
    2nd it is! You could probably only spot by the name, right?
  • 2nd, in the way youve named them!!!! Go on tell us then! Don't you think the new MJPEG settings are any good then?! There's more to come :-)
  • I'm thinking second one too.
  • @johnnym
    My bet is on the 2nd picture
  • @driftwood

Thanks for the new beta. Can you spot the AQ4 among the VGA MJPEG? :)
    P1030709_00000.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 682K
    P00018_00000.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 689K
    P1030709_1_00000.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 849K
  • @lukavi thanks for the feedback.

@all Any more anamorphic requests?
  • @driftwood
    i'm still new to the anamorphic scene, but I gather from my research that the ratios 2.35:1 and 2.66:1 seem popular. I guess it's also part of the reason that 1.33x and 1.5x ana lenses cost the most, with dslrs shooting 16:9. 2x ana lenses cost the least, but work well with 4:3 (VGA-ish) vcams to obtain a 2.66:1 resultant ratio. All these are without cropping, of course (no wasted pixels).

I'd be grateful for the largest stable frame size for 4:3 aspect ratio, to unsquish to 2.66:1 after anamorphing
  • @driftwood
    The bigger, the better.
    But i might ne wrong!
  • @paglez thats odd, Ill look into it.
  • @Driftwood:
    I have untouched your patch and VGA frame size in Windows Media Player and Premiere is 848x480
  • Guys, anamorphic users. We'll provide an anamorphic squeezed version AND a unsqueezed version. Please tell me what frame sizes you need.

Nick
  • @paglez Sure you didnt check your own frame sizes for VGA?
  • @LittleD sorry about that ISO 160, f1.4 - 3 on the 25 and 50mm primes; wide intv shot at 2.5 on the 14mm prime. Most shots lit with 3 312 LED lights in small or extra small photoflex softboxes.
  • New Quantum Beta 3 First test with my new Sandisk 64 GB SDCX.
    24 P H Mode: Span correctly. The image quality is similar to V2
    1050 i. Not tested yet
    24 P Variable Mode (80%): It crashes at 9 seconds
    MJPEG (2560x 1080): First record: ok.
    MJPEG (VGA) Mode: I get a 848x480 size file (?).

• @Driftwood
    This was shot using the Seaquake patch:

Hats off to all involved when it comes to the gh2 developments.

I cant wait to try Quantum on the weekend!!!
  • Driftwood, am I correct with the Anamorphic hack we are seeing the destretched image (assuming you are using a lens adapter) on the rear screen? Or external monitor? Not having tried the wider hack, what if anything is output via HDMI to a 1080p monitor. One of my biggest issues when shooting with a Sankor 16D 2x is I can't really see the proper proportions of the frame until post.
  • @jdn
    iso please?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions