Personal View site logo
Official Nikon Hacks, D7000, D7100, D3100, D3200, D5100, V1, V2, J1, D4, D800 and Nikon Tool
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • ooh, talking about the D7000, here. Thans for all the hard work, Vitaliy!
  • does this firmware hack get rid of the On Screen Display when using hdmi?

As a cinema guy, if i could lose all the extra info and just have a clean video signal, i could use an external digital video recorder to bypass the sd cards and lower-quality h.264 codec.
  • @bumkicho that tool is just the decryptor- those files then need to be feed into an IDE (that translates the machine code into lines of code dependent on the processor used) - correct me if I am wrong VK...
  • Vitaliy,

I just tried your tool on D7000 firmware, but now I have no clue what to do with two bin files and a res file. Maybe it is more than a person like me can handle :) I just hope this development can progress like GH2 hack did.
  • Ok... Got it... mmm.... looks like Nikon wants extra units sold due to the VK hack! :-D

So D7000 reads UHS-1 cards... AND... has 2 card slots... all we need to know now is if its ture 8bit or 10bit colour and I am shotgunning the Nikon faster than you can say Nikon!

What Nikon would be your current hit list @VK?

Good thing I only buy Nikon glass... :D Go for it VITALIY!!!!
  • I made simple working extractor based on ideas of Simeon.

https://www.personal-view.com/gh1hack/ntool.zip
  • Plan to hack Pentax K-5?
  • I just recently sold my hacked 2011 model GH1 for a Nikon D7000. I am amazed how much the footage from the d7000 looks likes the footage from the hacked GH1. If someone like Vitaliy could hack the Nikon d7000( which also uses I,P and B frames in its video similar to the GH2) that would be really great!
  • Hey Vitaliy! What does this mean about Nikon and your future work? :) Maybe....uh...um.... :)
  • So your thinking of adding Nikon to P-V?
    Or does this help GH2 as well?
  • It also uses Fujitsu FR LSI that is good known by usage in Pentax and Samsung DSLRs.
    See my previous project :-)

Looks like it is time to fix few bugs in FR CPU module and make it work on IDA Free.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions