Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E2 camera is coming with 4K at 120fps
  • 336 Replies sorted by
  • too bad it's not coming with 1080/120....that's the flaw. At that price point lots of cams have it.

• Any idea on possible s35 sensor they might use . They also mentioned a full frame possible camera also

• @kurth Sure - 1080/120 would also be nice to have. ^^
    I still hope for a future firmware update for 4K60 / 1080P120 (even if its a paid one, I would go for it).
    Personally need the 4K more though (as I would love to play around with the E2C in a 360 degree setup).

• HLG coming

• The sensor in the E2C doesn't support 4kp60, I don't think, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any sort of upgrade for that. I'm not sure about 1080p120, though.

I think that the FF camera isn't as likely to happen. Right now, it's looking like S35 with EF mount, though the Z-Cam folks are looking into S35 with M43 mount as well. It's not the craziest idea, though it is a little weird. :)

• @eatstoomuchjam

Only Z-way is to go either to m43 sensor for cheap camera, with all fancy stuff ala 6K and 4K and 60fps.

Or go to square(important!) FF sensor and orient to top cinema and photo guys, super resolution mode here is a must now.

• too much ambition killed the goose that laid the golden egg

• @kurth

too much ambition killed the goose that laid the golden egg

And we now see similar thing from Z-CAM.

More products from small team that can't cope even with one.

• @vitaliy....that's what I'm saying. Two cameras simultaneously released is a massive effort, and they want to release 3 or more, it's a recipe for disaster. I think their heads are flying off their facebook page. The e2c has the potential, at a little cheaper pricepoint, of claiming the market. First conquer where you're standing, then move to new ground....alexander the great.

• @kurth

Their problems are numerous.

First - CEO who had been head of large smartphones manufacturers divisions.

Second - it is hardware guys whoa re in charge overall.

Hence -lack of any software guys who have any big influence, lack of attention to firmware or interface. Instead - attention to big sounding features.

Cameras now are around 80% software and only 20% hardware. And this changes each month towards software side.

Whole camera industry management fail to grasp this basic thing. Mostly because Japanese had been always bad in the software side of things and they understand that their advantages lie in the very complex hardware with lot of mechanical parts (hence attempt to return to retro designs constantly).

• It's very hard to see anything filmed in lowlight or in highlight with Zcam-E2. Everything is rare today, even the pictures.

• @flash

Because it is very hard to find Z-CAM E2 itself, one year after introduction.

Very few of them had been bought and used.

• @flash Are you joking? You must be joking. People keep saying there's nothing up with the E2, but if I search "Z-Cam E2" on youtube, there are a bunch of videos. That or search the fb group where there links to the yt videos and a bunch more. Otherwise, though, instead of trusting internet videos, you should probably rent the camera and try it for yourself.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev Where are you getting the idea that they don't have any software people? The changes in the last few versions of their firmware have been pretty huge and there are other big changes to come in the very near future, hopefully including fixing the annoying audio levels bug which has been my nemesis for a while now. I also find the interface pretty darned usable. It could be better, sure, but it's also easier to find/change things on it than it is on my Sonys...

Besides that, whoever was talking about the difficulty of multiple cameras - they are releasing multiple iterations of basically the same camera, but with different off-the-shelf sensors. Jason has said the firmware is about 95% the same between the cameras.

• Where are you getting the idea that they don't have any software people? The changes in the last few versions of their firmware have been pretty huge and there are other big changes to come in the very near future, hopefully including fixing the annoying audio levels bug which has been my nemesis for a while now. I also find the interface pretty darned usable. It could be better, sure, but it's also easier to find/change things on it than it is on my Sonys...

Read carefully - I said "lack of any software guys who have any big influence". I do not mean that they lack software developers, I mean that they lack anyone who have big influence on product design or features, they are all just doing that is being told to them.

• @eatstoomuchjam I can't found 3200 iso or 6400 iso low light videos.

• look at this video I see a lot of aliasing/artefacts/moire

I feel it's not a true Progressive 120FPS (I don't know what it is, maybe it's PsF )

• @flash The ISO settings on the ZCam are even more off than a lot of other digital cameras - by at least a stop or two. Anything at ISO 800 is pretty much going to be like ISO 2000 on other cameras. Otherwise, since it uses the same sensor as the GH5s and the BMPCC 4K, assume that performance in low light will be similar.

• They’re now experimenting with Siper35 sensor and m43 Mount Camera

• S35 with ef mount

• @chopnshoot

May be their are throwing stuff at public and want to see that will stick? :-)

As for me it seems like they want to find something that will actually sell contrary to E2.

• ( not necessarily about this particular company or product)

In China, manufacturing is not always about selling the products. If you have engineers and factory assembly lines sitting around, and being paid, might as well have them cranking out new stuff. It increases skills and improves manufacturing methods. If the manufacturing ecosystem, is so efficient, it doesn't take much to do something new. Keeps the economy humming too. Usually everything falls apart when it comes to not hiring English writers and spokesmen to do the promo materials, user guides etc :)

• @jleo

Usually everything falls apart when it comes to not hiring English writers and spokesmen to do the promo materials, user guides etc :)

You also need to mention how stingy average Chinese company is.

This guys can fight for $5 for days sometimes and ruin whole company trying to save $500.

• E2 picture quality is interesting but it seem that there is a lot of jello and 120FPS is suspicious.

• They are exploring S35 with M43 mount because a lot of people in the fb group preferred it to EF mount. It's been done before by JVC with a camcorder. I was on the side of EF mount thinking it might be FF, but that's less exciting with S35 since one can't make a speed booster for it.

And the E2 seems to be selling OK - Adorama and B&H keep running out of stock. Though that doesn't say how many units they are actually receiving, I suppose.

@flash There is more jello in the "low noise" mode - and highlight artifacts in WDR mode. Otherwise, jello is the same as the GH5s or BMPCC 4K. 120 fps mode looks just fine to me on mine.

• @eatstoomuchjam

They are exploring S35 with M43 mount because a lot of people in the fb group preferred it to EF mount

They need to stop to rely on small closed FB group, especially considering current FB situation.

They found small warm place where they can have people who will tell mostly prizes.

And the E2 seems to be selling OK - Adorama and B&H keep running out of stock.

Knowing Z-CAM sales personnel qualification I am sure it is not due to high sales. Their sales can't ship even basic things and do not know rules or laws.

For example, this guys wrongly declared all cameras for months that resulted in big company losses in US.

And as I pointed this they call me by bad words. Talk about management qualification (as CEO covered this error).