Personal View site logo
GH2 Possible Improvements
  • 288 Replies sorted by
  • Vitaly,
    I don't understand why GH2 can't have 576p trough composite (AV cable) during recording :/
  • Hi, I´m a new GH2´s happy owner. Not yet tried a lot but I see the continuous autofocus on video already exists :) Anyway, I'm in a PAL country and only got the U.S. version. So,25p and full HDMI output please
  • Vitaly did you know that COMPOSITE picture can be out by the pin number 7 of HDMI wire ?
  • Most people have already requested all of the cool video features.

I would like to request one for still photography.

I want the flash in M, P, or A mode to ignite regardless of the stutter speed when in the UP position and when the flash mode is set to mandatory ignition.

This is sorely missing on the GH1 (still) as well.

Thanks for considering it!
  • >More extreme bracketing steps would be nice, like 3• 2 or 3• 3

I see it present already in
    https://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-hack/gh2-hack-faq

• More extreme bracketing steps would be nice, like 3• 2 or 3• 3
  • >Why the future GH2 hack can't do live picture trough AV cable ?

Because cameras do not run on general purpose CPUs :-)
    And I do not understand that you menu under AV cable. Via USB - no. Via composite - I do not see any point of this.
  • >Will it be possible to have some kind of an audio monitoring solution?

Buy either JuicedLink small new preamp or Tascam recorder.
  • Will it be possible to have some kind of an audio monitoring solution?
    The two most important "possible" improvements for me though are maxed out bitrates and as lot of control over tweaking film modes as possible.
    And ofcourse we dream for 60p and clean hdmi...
  • Why the future GH2 hack can't do live picture trough AV cable ?
  • > live picture and audio output through the USB/AV cable.

This won't happen for sure.
  • Don't know if anyone's mentioned this - live picture and audio output through the USB/AV cable.
  • >In manual focus, it would be nice to have the on-screen distance calibrated in feet/meters

Most probably that all "on-screen things" will be pretty hard.
    Contrary to Canon cameras we have almost all UI code executing directly in flash in GH1.
    Plus such code can be very compex (using different threads).
    So, you'll just brick the body developing even small modifications.
  • 1080 60P, if possible. (but you know that)

In manual focus, it would be nice to have the on-screen distance calibrated in feet/meters.
  • And life is brutal :-)
  • > Ha, you should have called the projects 'Kropotkin' & 'Bakunin' and forced them to read.

They are anarchists. Read - pure theoretics of impossible :-)
    Our projects are named by people who understood difference between pure theory and real life :-)
  • >Guys, either do not make such comments, or learn history, read many books about it.

Ha, you should have called the projects 'Kropotkin' & 'Bakunin' and forced them to read.

All possible improvements I'd like to see in the GH2 have already been mentioned, but having more control over AEB would be nice, instead of having the preset stop ranges.
  • I would also like to see white balance and iso change while recording. One more thing not sure if it is possible but when taking stills the lcd switches brightness levels, really irritating when trying to take a picture.
  • Comments on 43rumors - yes lol!
  • >On GH13 or GH2, I'd like to see the ability to write to the USB port, instead of just the SDHC card. Then I could mount a SSD drive, and possibly record higher bandwidth, lower compression files.

You can't do it.
    Camera is based on main LSI, and it can do only specific things, like writing to SD via DMA.
    USB port is good idea. But only USB 3.0 and on next generation cameras. Most probably we'll just see USB host mode, so you could attach any USB 3.0 drive to it.
  • Comments on 43rumors about Stalin and Lenin as names for projects are so funny.
    Guys, either do not make such comments, or learn history, read many books about it.
  • On GH13 or GH2, I'd like to see the ability to write to the USB port, instead of just the SDHC card. Then I could mount a SSD drive, and possibly record higher bandwidth, lower compression files. Maybe even uncompressed 720p files? Is the chip that writes to the SDHC also capable of writing to any USB device too?
  • >What about my first suggestion about lower iso (looking at canon chdk)? Is it possible? Do you know how did they achieve it?

Low ISO do not have any point if it is not hardware.

>Different shutterspeed memory for video and photo-mode. I want to film at 1/50th, but when I make photographs in "S"-mode I want to have the last "photograpic" shutterspeed remembered.

Must be impossible due software implementation. We can't rewrite whole firmware for this.
    Use custom modes instead.
  • Different shutterspeed memory for video and photo-mode. I want to film at 1/50th, but when I make photographs in "S"-mode I want to have the last "photograpic" shutterspeed remembered.
  • What about my first suggestion about lower iso (looking at canon chdk)? Is it possible? Do you know how did they achieve it?

One important thing is to fix the banding issue when underexposed or in high contrasty situations with smooth and nostalgic profiles