Personal View site logo
Nikon D5200 topic
  • 651 Replies sorted by
  • Here is screen from D5200 at iso Hi 0.7. As u can see the FPN is still there but u can bearly see it. I can see it only at iso higher than 8000 and if i push the contrast like mad man...

_DSC0005.MOV_snapshot_00.08_[2014.07.09_18.48.57].jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 154K
  • In my tests, FPN is still there, at low, medium and high ISOs. But the noise is noticeably less than before at any ISOs.

• In my videos the FPN is still there but is way much less then it was before the patch and can be filtered out. I'm still recording on a 30Mbps card, perhaps I need to upgrade to a faster card maybe that increase the quality also.

• True .. when i shoot in flaat its there but not so much. (I newer use flaat in high iso any way) but if i shoot at high iso and not flaat its like on that video i made.

• It seems this hack works wery good with these picture profiles.... http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvzywzhi7tx4744/D5200_PictoreControl2.ZIP

• @Terozzz I forgot how to install this picture profile into the camera.

• paglez . Hehe me too.... but if i remeber just put then in the card and it in camera then selecet picture profile in camera then "set" profile or something like that...

• Ok, Terozzz, it's no neccesary to remind me the process. I remember it now

• @terozzz What kind of picture controls are these?

• Have anyone tested these?

• Here is our music video, filmed with Nikon D5300 and D5200 using @LPowell Nikon Gamma Controls.

• @Zilvinas Good work! What lenses?

• Mainly Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM and Nikkor-S.C 50mm F1.4

• Thanks! Great colors too...have you used a particular profile or it is due to a great color grading work?

• :) Thanks. We've used gamma 0.5 and 0.7 profiles.

• heres iso 6400-12500 at real life fire scene

• Julkaistu 28.7.2014

Nikon D5200 40Mbit/s hack 1280 x 720p Vs. 1920 x 1080p With and without sharpening. Slight color and contrast adjustment. Shoot with Flaat 11. look in Youtube fot 1080p

Dl original : https://mega.co.nz/#...K9AL9HinjG60WuE

macroblocking and banding is to my eyes gone.... look at the sky on the video and the grass / gravell....

• Funny thing is, my battery now lasted for 74 minutes shooting with 40Mbit/s hack 1080 25p without VR....

• 64 Mbps hack is out now

• Can anyone share their experiences with the hack for D5200? There are certainly pros about using it, what about the cons?

• Sony RX-10 Vs hacked Nikon D5200.

Graded to match (Nikon D5200 with 64Mbps hack flaat 11, Sony RX-10 XAVC S 50Mbps contrast to -3 max) First camera is Sony in the clip.

• Damn, that trailer of "The Other Side" looks gooooood!

Although.... one of those shots in the trailer I thought surely has had sky replacement used? As I don't think its dynamic range is quite that good! :-o

• Thanks @IronFilm. We used d5200 bodies for The Other Side.

There were no sky replacement shots in the trailer, unsure which you thought may have been... I'm guessing the zombie running over the hill. The dynamic range IS that good on the d5200 (with the help of flaat!). There were no bitrate hacks available at the time of the shoot.

FYI The Other Side will be available September 1, 2015 on demand worldwide on most major platforms.