Personal View site logo
Meetup: Paris, Personal-View meeting
  • Salut! Nous sommes le groupe de Paris... je m'excuse parce que je ne parle pas encore le français assez bien, mais je m'interesse organiser une réunion pour ce projet de Vitaliy, comme dit lui: 'to just meet good interesting people in offline reality :-)' Alors, je pose les questions clés: où et quand?

• 35 Replies sorted by
  • @Sulph @Oedipax yes let's do it!! I'm in Turkey and Germany till late this month but I'll be back in Paris in early July. Looking forward to getting together.

• I will hopefully be in Paris sometime over the summer as well. I wanted to get out there earlier than July/August this year but that might end up being what works best. I hope Adieu au langage is still showing...

• @Branson Yes I'm in Paris, you can PM if you want to meet!

• @Sulph, I've been traveling for work and just read your post now. I'm currently in the US and won't be back in Paris till probably June. If you're around then I would be happy to meet up!

• Ok, first week of february at the Grande Mosquée de Paris (and have a tea)!

• @Branson @Sulph

You need to agree on suitable time, date and place first.

• Hi there! Any people leaving/traveling in Paris that would be interested for a meeting? I have time for some real life recently :-) Have a good day!

• @Branson

I think it is best to move now, as it is holidays mostly. And you need to be sure that at least few people come.

I can send notice to Paris members tomorrow, but you must be sure about time, place and such.

• Joyeux Noël! Is anyone still interested in meeting this Friday 27 December at 6pm?

• Ok, how about Friday 27 December at 6pm till ??? Thanks @vitaliy_kiselev @oedipax we'll save you a seat when you're in town next!

• Wish I could be there. Hopefully I'll get some time to be in Paris again next year. Or if anyone has any advice to help an American move there, I'm all ears ;)

• Thanks.

Make more specific date and time, and I'll inform people.

• I'd be happy to organize a meeting. Anyone want to meet in Paris the weekend of 27-29 December? I'm thinking somewhere in the Quartier Latin... @baze @hpefr1111 @astraban @Oedipax @oscillian

• @Branson

Let me know if someone is interested in organizing winter meetup.

• Thanks @Branson. And I'm here til August 2, so any time between the two for me!

• @Oedipax You can get a CF card reader at a major retailer like fnac (several locations in Paris). For example, here's one under €40: http://www.fnac.com/Lexar-Lecteur-Professional-USB-3-Double-Slot-SD-CF/a3488729/w-4 Camera shops will probably be more expensive for items like this. I'll be back in Paris from 26-29 July. Who's around and up for a rendez-vous? @omellan @baze @hpefr1111 @astraban @Oedipax @oscillian

• Hey guys, my CF card reader broke so I need another one. I'm looking at camera shops in Paris, but can someone recommend one? Also it'd be nice if I could pay less than 40 euros for a USB reader, which is what I'm seeing online so far...

• Final plans made, I'll be there July 10 through the end of the month. Will keep an eye on this thread!

• I'm hoping to be there around the 5th of July up through the first week or so of August, but I've got 28 videos for work to crank out between now and then, so we'll see!

• @omellan sorry for the late reply, I have to leave Paris tonight for a few weeks but will be back in late July. That seems to be a good time for some of the other guys in this thread, too. If someone suggests a date, I'm sure we can plan for it @baze @hpefr1111 @astraban @Oedipax @oscillian

• I would be available on 18th after 8pm, on 19th earlier.

• Because of the air traffic controller strike, my flight into Paris has been postponed till next week. I would be available on June 18th and/or 19th.

• I'm not free until late July (dommage) :(

• I am available on 13, but not on 12. I live in the 18th arrondissement and can go easily anywhere in Paris.

• Welcome @oscillian and @astraban. The meeting point can be wherever is most convenient for those attending. Maybe if we set a date, then figure out who is coming, we can better coordinate location based on the attendees? That said, is anyone available next week, the evenings of 12 or 13 June?