Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @JBP1138 (Lucas fan?)

The first thing I noticed is that the dialog is only on the left channel. That's annoying enough to make me stop watching. (The bit I saw looked good, though.)

• Here is small project I shot for a couple I know, with the GH2 and various lenses using MOON patch v5 or 6 i think, GH2 did the job. ENJOY. Comments and questions welcome.

• @EYESOUL Theyre both based on similarities and edited for each GOP :-)

• @driftwood I was wondering if Drewnet T9 also has the softer matrix for panny glass similar to Moon T7? thanks love the new settings.

• @johnnymossville nice looking footage.

• Just tried Moon T7 on a G3 with SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s, and it does span, unlike SD Extreme 30MB/s, which does not. I've successfully recorded a few test clips at 90MBit/s (the longest - 20min), and no problems with spanning.

• Shot using Drewnet T9

• @ BurnetRhoades Yeah, slipstream looks really good actually. I will test it more today. Im gonna test 25p HBR.

• @kidgray He mentioned as much in the older thread. I was really surprised how much I liked it over Flow Motion when I needed a 3 gop patch to shoot on a slower SD card. Like his other patches, I found the noise to have an almost film grain like quality, quite pleasing in fact, making it an easy call to not feel the need to add a grain layer to the footage during my finishing.

• @Driftwood. Will there be an update with Slipstream?

• @driftwood Thanks Nick. Looking forward to getting my hands on T6 :)

• Stats on my first Moon T7 footage, on GH2 recording to Panasonic "gold" SDXC 64Gb (90/45). This was shot with the cam mounted to the inside of my car shooting out, driving through downtown Dallas last Saturday.

00002_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 152K
  • Moon T7 on a G3 with SanDisk Extreme 30MB/s gives over 90MBit/s on detailed scenes, and seems pretty stable in practice. Does not pass the death chart though, and no spanning. Anyway, I can't imagine anyone using G3 for anything production-related, so in general the setting is usable on a G3, and the IQ is great.

moon_T7_G3_info.png
    929 x 388 - 22K
  • yes, yes, that is the video i was referring to :) ....great stuff explained!

• @dado023

One of Shian Storms videos explains it:

• regarding DR, there was some video explaining that it is the best to stay, if possible, in range of 4 levels od DR, so it becomes easier to capture the scene with DSLR...cant remember where i saw that video....

• @kidgray Difficult and boy we've tried (Canis Night). GH2 dynamic range isn't exactly RED! But work with it, get portable lighting, don't go above ISO1600 and adjust where you can. Loads of topics on this matter.

• @Driftwood. What if there is a setup specially for night shots? Is that realistic?

• @Bozzie Excellent work Bulent. Some really good shots and direction. 'Spizz T5' about to become T6 in the next few days. Salut :-)

Coming Soon: Spizz T6 - Here's a 24p skin tone test / plus curve, levels & colour overgrade.

spizz T6 Testshot.png
    2560 x 1080 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 23.26.34.png
    2560 x 1080 - 2M
  • The Soldier (Short Film) - 1944. A lone British soldier struggles to cope with his fears as enemy forces advance.

Shot on a Panasonic GH2 with @driftwood's / @bkmcwd's Cluster X Spizz Trial 5 patch.

• Whoosh! And he disappeared. :-)

• @kidgray Nice examples.

• Night shots

• @vicharris Yep. Just ignore him. What he's really trying to say is he fucking loves the settings and can't believe it. But shit happens and the brain goes to mush!

• edit: Roger That @driftwood

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters