Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @Maya Use the standard setE of moon T7 and let me know. Everything will be fine with that version - if not - its your workflow! @sharpepixels don't understand your post - how can an encoder lose your depth of field?!

• @driftwood SetE is fine. i just loaded it and did a quick test. But SetE and SetD does the same. no 24frames in SetD. anyway, Thank You for such a Great Hack. its very filmy, flat and creamy.

• I made some awesome shots with Moon T7. It's turning into a very good job! Tomorrow I need to shoot 60p with people singing, don't know if Moon is proper for this, but I will take the risk. Thanks for your work.

• @Driftwood I think it'd be great to see more comparisons of 5D Mark III ML and CLusterX from you!

• @FernandoAndre All the new Cluster X settings show best 60p quality out there in my opinion. :-) @Sharpixels Its designed to be flatter. Works the same with fast lenses for me? Can you upload some examples and Ill take a look.

• Panny 14-42, Yashica ML 135. ND8. Sandisk 95MB 32GB. Minor colorcorrection.

• @Sharpixels I really don't understand what you're suggesting. Certain pictures WILL get you low QP macro blocks of +-2 variant on QP3 Do a full QP/DC Streamparser elementary stream test - and show the subject matter. Vary it too.

Here's an example where max QP values reach 5 and min = 1 !!!

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/57/62271344ffea5b390719c034e9d5e2.png

• @Sharpixels Enough of this. Do the proper tests. Fag break.

60p720 moon.png
    1723 x 968 - 1M
  • @driftwood regardless of how "some people" is screwing up the patch post download, shooting a boring scene and then complaining, I get max/avg bitrate of 160/100 shooting detailed, moving footage. Pretty badass.

• @driftwood

...I am currently looking into ways of improving the 5DMKIII h264 - just needs different approach.

Are you a part of Tragic Lantern or is this a separate effort? A friend sent me a story about the 1% guys and their first All-Intra version of the encoder for the 5D. I guess we'll see if the Digic cameras really didn't have enough horsepower to do a good job or if it was Canon's engineers.

• @Sharpixels, why don't you go out and try the patch and see how it behaves.

@Driftwood. The patch feels reliable and works like a charm. I just wonder why the motion feels little bit different at night time. I will soon post some night shots.

• edit: Roger That @driftwood

• @vicharris Yep. Just ignore him. What he's really trying to say is he fucking loves the settings and can't believe it. But shit happens and the brain goes to mush!

• Night shots

• @kidgray Nice examples.

• Whoosh! And he disappeared. :-)

• The Soldier (Short Film) - 1944. A lone British soldier struggles to cope with his fears as enemy forces advance.

Shot on a Panasonic GH2 with @driftwood's / @bkmcwd's Cluster X Spizz Trial 5 patch.

• @Bozzie Excellent work Bulent. Some really good shots and direction. 'Spizz T5' about to become T6 in the next few days. Salut :-)

Coming Soon: Spizz T6 - Here's a 24p skin tone test / plus curve, levels & colour overgrade.

spizz T6 Testshot.png
    2560 x 1080 - 2M
    Screen Shot 2013-07-29 at 23.26.34.png
    2560 x 1080 - 2M
  • @Driftwood. What if there is a setup specially for night shots? Is that realistic?

• @kidgray Difficult and boy we've tried (Canis Night). GH2 dynamic range isn't exactly RED! But work with it, get portable lighting, don't go above ISO1600 and adjust where you can. Loads of topics on this matter.

• regarding DR, there was some video explaining that it is the best to stay, if possible, in range of 4 levels od DR, so it becomes easier to capture the scene with DSLR...cant remember where i saw that video....

• @dado023

One of Shian Storms videos explains it:

• yes, yes, that is the video i was referring to :) ....great stuff explained!

• Moon T7 on a G3 with SanDisk Extreme 30MB/s gives over 90MBit/s on detailed scenes, and seems pretty stable in practice. Does not pass the death chart though, and no spanning. Anyway, I can't imagine anyone using G3 for anything production-related, so in general the setting is usable on a G3, and the IQ is great.

moon_T7_G3_info.png
    929 x 388 - 22K
  • Stats on my first Moon T7 footage, on GH2 recording to Panasonic "gold" SDXC 64Gb (90/45). This was shot with the cam mounted to the inside of my car shooting out, driving through downtown Dallas last Saturday.

00002_Frames.PNG
    746 x 412 - 152K
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters