Personal View site logo
Development status topic
  • 223 Replies sorted by
  • @liondor1969

First news will be about dumping, I'll post here after some result.

• thanks and I hope soon to enjoy the true qualities of gh3,that with your help and the truly passionate it technology.

• Thanks for the information. Keep on going!

• My G3 will arrive in June, when my friend brings it over from America! I'm super excited about the possibilities (with even the current hack, and no, I'm not expecting GH2 levels haha) but with Manual Mode mystery cracked! it will be happy day! Keep up the good work!

• We are working on GH3 dumping and hope to have dump in May.

• If the GH3 is doing line skipping, could the hack use pixel binning from GH2 and combat moire? Sort of porting GH2 firmware to GH3?

• If the GH3 is doing line skipping, could the hack use pixel binning from GH2 and combat moire? Sort of porting GH2 firmware to GH3?

Why it must use line skipping?

And no porting things are not possible, at first it is fully different sensors.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev great news, thank you.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

We are working on GH3 dumping and hope to have dump in May.

Great news and thanks for all of your hard work.

• Newbie Q: Is PTool only able to adjust parameters inplace in the firmware files, or is it able to add/inject code? Could for instance hypothetically the intervalometer part of the GH3 firmware be back-ported to the GH2, if the firmwares were "compatible enough"? Any such capabilities?

• @larsarus

PTool changes code parts. But. Usually idea of porting firmware parts leads to nowhere. It is simpler to write something from scratch.

• Thanks Vitaliy...your work is very important to us

• Thank you very much Vitaliy for the most precious thing you dedicate in doing a better GH3 firmware... your time.. PS. If may i helping you in some way please let me know..

• Thanks Vitaliy, the most important thing you could do are the manual modes for GX1/G3.

• I've that opinion too :) I think that GH3 hack isn't that important as it's more expensive than G3/GX1 and it has manual controls out of the box and some bitrate control. So in my opinion it's not as needed. But it's not on us to decide what to make or when. Just my 2 cents on that :)

• I disagree on that JOFO. I bought the GH3 for a high price just for that rumored upcoming hack. It needs to get rid of that pal 30 minutes limitation in my region and needs go beyond with video improvements.

• @lonely1 "... I bought the GH3 for a high price just for that rumored upcoming hack." - I think It's not a good idea. You'll wait for the hack probably over a year. Last hack was released about a year ago. GH3 is on pre dumping state, so I wouldn't expect it soon.

• That is quite some time but worth the wait, just like the GH2 and the magnificent results. But this project is still very important to me ;)

• Hi VK, first of all great work that you've done here!

I check this thread almost every day, exciting stuff.

I'm wondering if I could ask a question? How long do you think the GH3 hack will be, assuming there is one?

I'm just about to buy a GH3, but I'm torn between that and a GH2, which is half the price. Not sure if the improvements of the GH3 over the GH2 are worth $700. If the hack is a year or so away, I'll get the GH2 now, but if its only a couple of months I'll wait for the GH3

Thanks so much VK!! Champion.

• You can't rely on there ever being a hack, hopefully there is one but nothing is certain.

• Really, you should not rely on hack about buying GH3. Hack is welcome but nothing hinders you to buy a GH3 is worth upgrade for many other reasons. As stock you get over 70 mbit/s and lot of other features missing on GH2.

So hack is welcome and I'm waiting only to remove a time limit of 30 min/recording this is only on EU/Pal models. If there is a hack than it will be the "cream" of @driftwood "matrixes" on already good quality ...

• I am interested in the Hack of the GH3, I just made a donation to help, thanks!

• In light of the current Canon RAW excitement, any chance similar development happen on the GH2/3 front?

• In light of the current Canon RAW excitement, any chance similar development happen on the GH2/3 front?

Chance always exist.

• RAW ... lol my missus who owns a central London post house, chuckled at even the thought of anyone actually commercially shooting RAW (yet) but what do I know ? It's a lovely amateur add on, currently and pushing frontiers of possibility - but day to commercial day - not happening for a long time in the real world. Going to be some real hi res trees and flowers in-between tho - and precisely no production manager will give fook all of a nod to it for their next job.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions