Personal View site logo
12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic lens topic
  • 492 Replies sorted by
  • @Meierhans ok. yes, i've noticed speed affects the change in the position of the dial. When moved slowly, it travels farther to perform less of a focus move. I need to find a lens gear that can travel around 360. Anyone have any recommends? Indisystem has those magnetic snap focus gears.

• Its electronicly coupled and how much it moves focus depends on the speed you move (afaik).

• I'm using my 12-35mm with a follow focus. I use those zip-tie gears from Wide Open Cam. The zip ties wedge out, so you can't move the follow focus beyond a a certain point. This hasn't been a problem on any other lenses, except for my 12-35.

I'm noticing that on this lens, the focus ring does not stay constant while the lens is powered. So, every couple of moves, I need to reset the focus by going all the way to one end or another with the follow focus.

It's kind of hard to explain. Please let me know if anyone needs clarification. But basically, I'm just wondering if this is an issue with my lens or if others are finding the same issue? I also have the 14-140 which has an electronic focus ring and I've never noticed the issue with that lens.

Thanks.

• @liondor1969 I got XT2HD00 and work fine too , but I don't think is about serial , it's just luck , so test well before purchase

• Thanks Iarsarus, the problem is I have to order it online and I have the opportunity to test it before..for this forum asking if it is ok

• I have XT2JD00(5053), and it is a perfectly fine lens. However, if I want to, I can provoke it to demonstrate the shake/jitter problem.

Test it and see for yourself. Only you know what is going to be a problem for your kind of usage. For all I know, the lens you are refering to might not even be affected...

• Hallo

Is ok this serial on Pana 12-35.. seria XT2JD00xxxx ?? Does anyone have a lens with a number close??

Thanks

• @oscillian

A softening filter (of any kind) might help since the real culprit is the in-cam sharpening that goes on with this lens.. Should look great on the pocket cinema camera. It´s also prone to introducing moiré, most likely for the same reason.

Gaussian blur is a friend in post with this one.

• When I searchs the Internets for this lens used with GH2s I don't like the results at all due to one thing: ALIASING! Has any one had success with using filters or in-camera settings (on the GH2) to combat this?

• usefull lens

• What UV filter would you recommend in the tread size 58mm for this lens?

There is another review http://www.lenstip.com/367.1-Lens_review-Panasonic_G_X_VARIO_12-35_mm_f_2.8_ASPH._P.O.I.S-Introduction.html sorry if it was maintain here before.

• @ge0rge Nice. I'll have to make one soon too.

• Made my first time lapse clip:

No software stabilization. Just used gorillapod.

• @bkmcwd I'm happy for you mate.

• Hi guys,

My 12-35 lens has returned from repair. The contents of repair were "OIS exchange." For the moment, on the lens, I cannot recognize a jitter issue. I am going to look at a situation for a while.

BTW, the serial number of my lens is XT2FB.

• @valpopando Which letter in the serial number of your last lens after XT2?

• @Madmanden Thank you for the effort and help , but the stabilization requires waste of time in rendering and loss of IQ cause it makes a small crop of frame area , and this is not fair for someone who has spent 1200 bucks for this lens . So for me, the best choice is always to request the replacement as long as do not get the right copy .

• I made a test of the warp stabilizer tool in CS6 to fix the jitter. I don't have the lens myself yet, so I used Nakame78's footage - I hope that's ok, otherwise let me know and I'll delete the video! Here's the test:

Password: jitter

EDIT: I tried on a few other samples and it works very well. So if you have CS6 and a 'bad' lens, you can still enjoy jitter free footage. But of course Panasonic should fix this and replace the affected lenses.

• @Nakame78 That's really strange ??? ,I don't understand why in your lens issue stills with OIS off !!

anyway they does not fixed my old lens , they just sent me a new one that works well , and as I said above , panasonic assistance doesn't give me any explanation about this , but at this point PANSONIC can not ignore it, because they will be going back a lot of defective lenses.

• Would be good to know what they have done on the lens though to fix it. I got a replacement lens but still with the issue, although with OIS ON it seems to work well now. I am still hoping for a firmware issue..