Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic lens topic
  • 492 Replies sorted by
  • Link please..

• I wonder how great is the improvement of 12-35mm f2.8 mk i dual i.s vs mk ii dual i.s. 2? If it is very significant, then..

I hope Panasonic is saying the truth if really the firmware cancellation is due to hardware limitation
  • Around the 27:50 mark of

He's a Lumix Luminary and the interview he refers to is one he's done with Sean Robinson from Panasonic that will be uploaded on his channel in the next 24 hours.

• Strange, I am Lumix Gloomily and they did not tell anything about it.

• Someone at head office caught wind of your comments re Pana's cynical capitalist business practices and has gone and revoked your Lumix Gloomily privileges @Vitaliy.

• Someone at head office caught wind of your comments re Pana's cynical capitalist business practices and has gone and revoked your Lumix Gloomily privileges @Vitaliy.

They can't revoke it for same thing it was provided.

• @fahrenheit I would still hang into mk i until I see whether dual i.s. 1 vs dual i.s 2 does make a great different

• Lens with $100 gift card available for $698

https://www.adorama.com/ipc1235gc.html

• 12-35 f 2.8 serie I.

Some of you can find out if it has the same problem on this lens ? to figure out whether it is a common defect to all copies , or is a defect of just my copy? while zooming kinda pulsing loose of focus jittering (, autofocus in OFF , OIS stabilization OFF on tripod )

I been definitely unlucky with that lens , I was the first to discover the famous problem of jittering, I've been changed three copies from panasonic assistance and now I've discovered this other defect

• @valpopando just to be sure..continuous video AF ,off?

• @soulkeeper yep mate plus was on Manual focus , and i tried with GH4 and GH2 too and doing the same

• @valpopando the lens is "pseudo" parfocal, means it adjusts focus automatically to hold the focus on the given distance, and it is appearently not smooth.

• @Orkan means obviously that my copy got some problem ?

• @valpopando No your copy is working as designed regrettably zooming while filming is not advised especially on close objects. I found this out the hard way with the 14-140 same problem. No idea if the v2 lens is any better.

• @Scot well i did right now same test with same serie 35-100 f2.8 , and got same issue from 70mm to 100mm , almost imperceptible 70 to 35 this morning i tested the new leica 12-60 mm f 2.8/4 . I was in a photo shop so I wasn't really in relax , but at first sight do not seem got the same problem. btw i sent email and video test to Panasonic Europe assisstance ,I will wait for their answer Thx to all for now :)