Personal View site logo
Development status topic
  • Status as of Aufust, 2013

• GH3 - working on making dump
    • FZ200 - some work done, but needs public firmware for PTool patches development
    • LX7 - some work done, but needs public firmware for PTool patches development
    • GF5 - some work done, but needs public firmware for PTool patches development
    • GH2 - small fixes in video patches, understanding film modes - working on it
    • GX1 - needs some fixes in MP4 side, manual video modes - working on it
    • G3 - same as GX1
    • G5 - in plans, firmware available.
    • G6 - in plans, firmware available.
    • GF6 - in plans, firmware available.

P.S. I'll try to keep it in updated state and will add more detail

• 223 Replies sorted by
  • Wow! This is very good thread! Thanks VK. :-)

• ooh...... no manual movie mode for g3 ... ooh .... I thought new version will be released with g3 supported ... ooh .... crying so sadly .....

• @xu_alex

Not yet. Issue is that it require more time for reversing and experiments.

• great news.. i hope you can work it out with manual modes on G3

• Real time updates are the best

• With time I'm sure the answer will be found! Please do keep us updated on further progress! Thanks.

• Thanks for the great work. +1 for the manual mode for G3.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, you still work alone on this?

• @humpman

No, I share most of the work with my cat.

• Any news on if the Film Modes for GH2 will ever be possible to hack?

• @ Vitaliy_Kiselev

"No, I share most of the work with my cat." LOL, man you made my day, i love you for this!

... and many thx for the G3 manual video modes!

• yea, LOL at VK comment.. :) his cat must be the smartest cat in the world.. not like my lazy tomcat :)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Oh, no GF2 reverse osmosis of a manual mode? or at least in gf4;)? Please ask your cat for help on this one.

• May be a stupid question regarding GH3. Since the new firmware is out do you need to dump it off the camera?

• May be a stupid question regarding GH3. Since the new firmware is out do you need to dump it off the camera?

Yes, of course :-) Firmware is encrypted.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Why is GF2 out of development?

• @nereo

Lack of time, if something could be ported to it, we'll do it.

• We hope!

• Ooh, glad I just sold the GF2 I'd bought in anticipation of hack and sold in anticipation of no hack! Very useful thread, knowing how things are going is great, thank you.

• So I guess no GF3 manual video any more?

• So I guess no GF3 manual video any more?

I am sure that if I could make manual video for other camera of this generation it could be made for GF3.

• Just wondering, (I imagine this is a redundant question, but I've gotta ask!)- any chance of 10-bit color through hacking?

I know that's a true pipe-dream, but man... at least BlackMagic got that right with the pocket cinema camera!

• Okay, I found my answer here. Thanks Vk.

• Hi Vitaliy, some news related to the development of gh3? thanks

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions