Personal View site logo
Official Sony A77 topic
  • 111 Replies sorted by
  • >Ich werde hoffen, dass Canon kommt mit etwas Besserem.<<br />
    i think - no!
  • Sony is gonna clean up for a while due to these cameras giving the VDSLR community more of what it's been asking for. I know i'm very excited by the prospects of these new cams. I like the specs of the A77, but i'm also intrigued by the more video centric VG20. It's supposed to have a 16MP MPX Exmor sensor. That seems to be a variation of the sensor from the NEX-5N.

This new sensor it would seem will be video optimized, which should solve the issues with the original VG10. Along with better Manual Controls should make it a very interesting camera. We'll have to see just what they did with this camera to differentiate it from a DSLR beyond just the form factor. I think Sony purposefully didn't use the 24MP NEX-7 Sensor so that it wouldn't eat into the sale for the FS100! I wonder how the A77 will compare to the image from the VG20H.
  • "1920 x 1080 60p/24p AVCHD 2.0"

I guess GH3 will have that, too.
  • I'll hope that canon will come up with something better.
  • is in camera IS any good on these?
  • which is sad
  • It can take every Nikon + Canon glass (Aps-C + FF) with an adapter but no MFT
  • Is there absolutely no way to use our M4/3, Canon and Nikon lenses on that?
  • So supposedly this new sensor/engine is optimized for video - I'd like to see if the dslr jello effect has been fixed. BTW - these mounts can take AIS lenses via adapter, right?
  • @Vitaliy

>>150 000 yen for the body only (1960 dollars)>>

Where did you get this price? Take a closer look at SAR:

>>Body only will be priced at $1000
    Body + 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM Kit will be priced between $1600 and $1800.>>
  • if it wasn't for that lens mount... sigh.. :(. Hopefully NEX series will be as good for video.