Personal View site logo
RJ Follow Focus, looks very good
  • 187 Replies sorted by
  • I got mine, $120 shipped. It works with the pancake lens, 20mm 1.7.
  • Looks great, has anyone got it to work with the pancake lens? (converting it to friction based, rubber work?)
  • @No_SuRReNDeR Thanks :) Nice rig, a bit more expensive than I'd hoped and don't think they'd ship to the UK, unfortunately.
  • Can anyone with experience on the RJ follow focus or Fotga FF advise me on how they handle small lenses? I have a few small C-mount lenses which I want to be able to use (see below).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3389/3658047882_a96a24b628.jpg
  • Tomorrow should bring a rails.. see how they look.
  • My FF has arrived today, it is quite normal, not super high-quality course, but quite nice quality;) thanks to this forum )
  • I used .015" thick PTFE sheet and cut it to fit along the inside of the cutout on the gear shaft.
  • Just ordered the FF, Matte Box and Rail Rod system with shoulder pad (from ebay).
    When it arrives I'll post some pics!
  • One friend of mine used a toilet bowl hose and he said it worked pretty good.
  • @svart
    interesting, can you give more detail, maybe even pics? I tried to fix it too in a similar way but failed.
  • I used a thin plastic and shimmed the shaft of the gear where it goes into the gearing. It's much tighter and now works very well.
  • Got mine, very nice build for the money
  • the same manufacture of the FF has a whip handle in the works. Stay tuned!
  • @Samson
    Thanks, Samson for info.
  • Anyone have a whip handle recommendation for this FF?
    I'm also going to order more lens gears.
  • @Rambo
    Look at IndiSnap gears. They are easy and fast to mount. Also 360 degree rotation.
  • I got rid of the lens ring gears and converted mine to friction operated. Simply put a rubber doughnut over the reversible/removable gear wheel. It works fine on all my FD's as they have smooth consistent rotation. Much quicker to swap lenses, setup and you get full 360 degree rotation.
  • +1 on previous reviews. Got mine, impressively small backlash, very solid build. If noise from the hollow knob is a problem, it should be easy to fill w. silicone or similar to quieten.

• There u go again. Grow up!!!
  • Like i said, i look Pro..hehe. seriously it's ok, i only really got the matte box to shade my Canon FD's that suffer badly from low contrast/ flare outdoors, and it works. A lens hood didn't do that. But i found a extra use for the rubber collapsible lens hood > use it as well as the matte box and it will block off the gap between the matte box and the lens, folded and unfolded. Cool Huh???
  • @rambo

I forgive Stonebat too.

So you got the matte box without filter slots? Like it?
  • @brianluce So I forgive Vitaliy for forcing me to buy the GH1 eyecup that I hated and didn't work on my Gh2.

That was stonebat, but don't mention it else he call you out.

Gee, with this rail rig, FF, Lilliput LCD, Matte box and Cheapo W96 LED lite, i can almost call myself a Pro ... all for under $500 bucks ... haha .... looks impressive, hope it doesn't all break at once :-)
  • Mine came today. It is better, heavier and more substantial than I thought it would be. I am pretty impressed.