Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Follow Focus, looks very good
  • 187 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks. They must be crazy busy. I won't be surprised if this gadget hits $200.
  • Other review:
  • might have to get one of these. My indisystems one broke while in the middle of a 3 day shoot this week. Snapped right off at the gearbox after it was bumped by a stand. Cheap.
  • Indisystems FFs are no good.
    Problem with making FF is that you need real big manufacturing to make such small and simple thing.
  • These are being sold on Ebay now direct from the UK. Prices are £99 or £115. Anybody had any experiences? I see one of the UK ebayers has sold 16, but no feedback yet

• @ignatius
    I removed direct links, they are not cheap, and it is easy to find them on http://ebay.co.uk

I am not so sure about direct UK, but hope that it is true and you could get FF faster this way.
  • Vitaliy,

No problem, I was contemplating getting one direct from Ebay UK and just wanted to see if anyone on this forum had any experiences. Selina1900 and Jinfinance are now selling at $168 (£105 to me) with free shipping, but everything I buy from abroad I get stung with import duties and if it's UPS delivering they try and bill me a "disbursement" fee. It would seem we openly encourage thievery in the western world...
  • @ignatius
    Yeah $168. Fucking business in it's best.
    But you can still get FF at AliExpress for $142.
  • Yep those UK ebayers are all putting their prices up to £108 now, and are no longer offering free postage. I know it's not much more, but the principle people. We berate our politicians for being money grabbing bastards, but really we're all a product of that ugly, pull the ladder up jack and sod the rest, system. Stop the world, I wanna get off. Why the fuck did I have to pick videography as a hobby!? Every purchase can feel like you're bending over in the shower to pick up the soap bar...in prison. I really hope you can open up the GH2 a bit more Vitaliy, and good luck to anyone that acts out of selflessness.

• Seriously thinking about getting one of these after watching the video
  • Got my FF finally, along with the Rail Rig and 2 gears, all up $250, bargain. Loving the Rail Rig, it allows me to arrange the handles so i can access all the top buttons on the Gh1 and with my left hand finger adjust the focus on my FD 50 1.4. All while still holding the 2 handles. Great stability. Only need the FF for tripod work.

Pics coming.

Yes the FF and Rig are both awesome quality for the $$
  • @Rambo

Any chance to see video of the rig with beautiful girl holding it? Naked may be? :-)
  • I ordered from Chinese ebay seller 'selina1900' on 22nd of June and it arrived today - I live in Germany, so that's super fast shipping! Packaging wasn't that good but the FF survived the journey without being harmed and it comes with two gears - so far it looks very good. I also ordered the rail rig, from another seller, but it has yet to come - I doubted that it is of good quality but am happy that you (Rambo) say it feels ok.
  • @Vitaliy

I'll leave that for Zacuto .... How about a 58 year old Grandfather that spends far too much money on camera gear?? :-)
  • >How about a 58 year old Grandfather that spends far too much money on camera gear??

I am worried for libido of some members after that but otherwise it'll do.
  • Has anyone tried to use a whip crank with it? I read that it doesn't have a standard sized mount, can anyone confirm that?
  • Is this the same FF? If so, is there an advantage over ebay? There price is better at this link if it's the same, http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/464629045-DSLR-Follow-Focus-FF-for-15mm-rod-support-60D-600D-5D2-camera-DV-HDV-wholesalers.html
  • @brianluce

Yes, it's the same. That link is in the first post.
  • So the Alibaba price is now around $166, but if you email them they will bring it down to $150.
  • @brianluce

Moral - do not wait too long.
  • @chip
    My speed cranks and whips I had for Redrock/Chrosziel etc etc do not fit in this one.. too small. The port on this one is exactly square shaped. I think this one fits? http://cgi.ebay.com/Speed-Crank-Follow-Focus-Set-DSLR-5D2-7D-D90-550D-/260787120992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb81fab60
  • Thanks ed_lee83!!
  • @chip and others
    I bought that crank I mentioned two posts above me and it *does not fit* - it needs a slightly bigger plug. Now I have no idea which size works because my previous arri/red rock crank was too big..
  • Can anyone who as the rod system do a review of it? Or do you know of anyone that has done a review? How does it compare to others?
  • @ed_lee83

So no standard size and no crank to fit it so far? Maybe they plan on selling their own but it's strange they haven't offered one already or at least tell an option?!