Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Follow Focus, looks very good
  • 187 Replies sorted by
  • I ordered one. Since I never owned FF, I can't do any comparison, but I will say some.
  • The seller told me the orders are exploding. Mine will be shipped next week. Get in the line fast before it gets too long!
  • BTW - I live in Shanghai, the cheap gear available is quite overwhelming - but I chose not to go too cheap and went for some better quality stuff more in the lines of Tilta or Trustmt.
  • @agitprop

Can you give some examples? It is very interested to get in contact with manufacturers.

And this guy sold 80 FF in few days. Without any paid advertising (I am not very correct here, as one site who wrote about this live on affilate money, so glad to write about anything).
  • Are you sure about them using high volume methods? Getting supply issue at only 80 units doesn't sound like it. The seller is gonna add more workers though.

I like the gear "box", the lens gear style, and the reversible feature. $126.50 including shipping. Plus the lens gear special. So cheap. What can go wrong? If things don't work out, just sell'em at little loss.
  • >Getting supply issue at only 80 units doesn't sound like it.

You must understand that no FF on ebay ever had been sold in such amounts in such time.
    So, producer only recently started making them, as I understand. And order had been limited.
    As for high volume methods, it is easy to spot. Such approach is used in production on large volume factories (no CNC and such stuff).

>If things don't work out, just sell'em at little loss.

I have big doubts about little loss, sounds more like big gain. :-)
  • Hmmm... sounds like ten bagger!
  • Saw this one a little late. Looks like he is backordered, I am going to wait and see if they can fill in the backlog before I drop cash on this.
  • I'm so ready to try it out. Mine will be shipped next Monday. I love the pancake!

• I'll add an example of other Chinese gear in a new thread soon.
  • For what diameter are the gears of the cheap chinese ff at most? I have an old tele lens with about 100mm diameter?
  • Read item description carefully :-)
    the included flexible gearbelt can be used with any zoom or prime lenses with a wide range of lens diameters (any size from 52mm to 86mm)

Look at ebay and buy separate gear, they are quite cheap.
  • Stonebat, what parts are you using for that rig above?

It's ok i found your video review
  • Anyone found any reviews of this yet? Seems like you cannot adjust the height of it?
  • >Anyone found any reviews of this yet?

It is too new. Wait a little while.

>Seems like you cannot adjust the height of it?

Yes, you can't.
  • indeed, looks very good! is height adjustment a very common problem? or will most people who use gh2 with cheapo old lenses be fine without it?
  • My baseplate can adjust height of FF rods.

More likely I wouldn't need to adjust height because the FF gear can slide in and out.
  • Anyone got theirs yet, i ordered on the 8th June when only 20 were sold, still not shipped.
  • Price went up to $150 shipped.
    Plus they still have delays due to >100 units sold.
  • Vitaliy, do you think it is still best to buy now despite the increase? will it go back down or can it only go upwards from here?
  • Woo hoo!!! Thanks Vitaliy!!!

@stefanos I think the price will stick... or it might go up more. Did you see the white plastic gear can be front or back of the gear box? This will work w/ 20mm or 14mm pancakes. I ordered 10 lens gears at $100.

BTW China's inflation issue is getting worse.
  • Price won't be lower, I think.
    As for Chinese inflation role in all this... It is total bullshit.
    Wanting more money, better profit is real reason behind new price :-)
    He also want to reduce number of negative feedbacks and cancelled orders (price increase helps with it quite good).
  • Looking forward to reviews once anyone receives theirs.

It at least looks better than the DFocus, but the reason I'm not going to get it is because the accessory port is not industry standard. This means that tools like whips or speed cranks won't work with this FF.
  • >It at least looks better than the DFocus, but the reason I'm not going to get it is because the accessory port is not industry standard.

I think that seller really don't know if it is industry standard or not (he had same issue with lens gears).
    Most probably it is standard.
  • Looks fantastic. I'm going to get one!