Personal View site logo
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • Donated, thanks so much for your wonderful work Vitaly! I wish I had the head for 1s & 0s like you do. Love the GH1 hack and just got my GH2!
  • Can anyone tell what the difference 1.0 and 1.0E? And where i can download 1.0E and how to upgrade?
  • >Can anyone tell what the difference 1.0 and 1.0E? And where i can download 1.0E and how to upgrade?

I do not know anything about 1.0.
    Only firmware versions that I know of are 1.0C, 1.0D and 1.0E. All show up in version information as 1.0.
    And you can't get 1.0E as it is not publically available.
  • As ELAW also asked, I'd really like to know if it will be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?

I'm new to this site, but I already know that you, Vitality_Kiselev, are a hero to all of us!!!
  • >Will it be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?
    It all ready is. Go to setup menu and select video output as NTSC.

Just donated, thanks for the hard work.
  • Flying off for about a month to shoot my 1hr long doc. Vitaly, good luck in your work. If you succeed in 2-3 weeks, it may have dramatic impact on what I'll get back with.
  • how soon can we see a hack to change language from Japanese to English?

Thanks
  • >>Will it be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?
    >It all ready is. Go to setup menu and select video output as NTSC.

No it isn't. I tried now and even with output set to NTSC, video is captured at 50fps.
  • >As ELAW also asked, I'd really like to know if it will be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?

If you mean NTSC/PAL switching like in GH1 hack. It is definitely possible.
  • >No it isn't. I tried now and even with output set to NTSC, video is captured at 50fps.

I think that he meant possibility to make it possible with hack, not the present state.
  • >Vitaliy_Kiselev: If you mean NTSC/PAL switching like in GH1 hack. It is definitely possible.

Please I beg you, make it happen. It is a really important feature for us european users. Thanks for all your awesome work!
  • Noob question: will the current Ptool work with a possible hacked GH2?
  • Thanks Vitaliy for the doing this. I just discovered the GH2 for me now and it is all VERY interesting what's going on in the "scene". So far I filmed with the Sony PD-150P which is old and damaged by now and I never thought I could afford something new with modern quality standards within the next five years or so. This is like Xmas and birthday together and if the hack works again .. it will be just awesome!
  • >If you mean NTSC/PAL switching like in GH1 hack. It is definitely possible.

Yes sir, thanks.
  • I'm so excited - been trying out some Nikon and other lenses today, shooting a bit of harp playing in low light. It looks just amazing! I can't wait to see what the hack can do to the video quality. I'm so in love with my GH2 it's worrying!!

BUT....Vitaliy, can you make it possible to change the ISO while shooting video? At the moment, you have to stop recording, but then you don't see the histogram (which I find really useful while shooting). It would save a few button presses to be able to change ISO but I understand if not possible.
  • Vitally , I know you have had communications with Panasonic....What the heck are their feelings on this ?
    Are they choked at your efforts ?.... or have they made it clear to you if they hack they will pull a GH1 on us and simply not allow these firmware mods with an update . If they are on rev e and you are reversing c how do you know they have not already shut the door?

or do they simply not care as the numbers are so small...If you were in their position what would you do next?(and I mean imagine yourself in their position.and you dont want hacks

cheers
    Larry
  • Dear Vitaliy, please give us the 25p for the GH2 Pal version.... all the other cameras I have, got it!!! no way until now to mix the footage... nice camera, but without the 25p I can't use it.
    Stalin is an amazing name for this Hack Project.
    Thanks f
  • >Vitaliy, can you make it possible to change the ISO while shooting video?

I do not know. At least it is not priority.

>Vitally , I know you have had communications with Panasonic....What the heck are their feelings on this ?

I prefer not to talk about this. :-)

>please give us the 25p for the GH2 Pal version

25p, I got it. About 100th time :-)
  • VK,
    What is the status with funding for your new GH2 body? do we need to ramp up donations?

btw, Panasonic recently released low-end consumer Sony BSI small chip pistol camcorders, like old Sanyo Xacti(so Pana are re-badged) but with 28mb 1080i, go figure.
  • >What is the status with funding for your new GH2 body? do we need to ramp up donations?

I am expecting to get GH2 body soon. So, no problems here.
  • Hello Vitaliy -
    Great work, can't wait to see the final product.
    I double-checked the GH2 Feature Want List and didn't see one I would like. I might be looking at an older list, so I thought I'd ask. Under "Stills" features would it be feasible to include "interval recording?" This is useful for time-lapse. For example, snap a photo every _____ (second/minute/5 minute/hour).
    Thanks and good luck!
  • @v10tdi WOW! That's a great idea! I'm using a Chinese intervalometer for that. I heard that Canons have this feature built in, so it would be really awesome to have it too.
  • >>>Will it be possible for European models to have 30 frames @ 1080i and 60 frames @ 720p?
    >>It all ready is. Go to setup menu and select video output as NTSC.

>No it isn't. I tried now and even with output set to NTSC, video is captured at 50fps.

I bought GH2 in UK from Camera shop in Scotland. Was sold as "refurbished" but with 12 month warranty. First thing I did when I got camera was change to NTSC because I mostly work with 60 and 30 fps. All footage coming out was at those rates. I never actually checked to see if 50fps works, I just assumed it does, but it does not. I guess I have US version of camera!? I'm not complaining, but I called camera shop and they don't know how it happened. Maybe "refurbished" means grey import... now wondering about my warranty...
  • @GOODEMPIRE
    What I found strange was that the Panasonic HMC40 camcorder has interval recording (selectable interval, 24fps playback), but the Panasonic GH2 does not.
  • L4SBI, genuine UK cameras have a 'UK Model' sign on the box, by the serial nos. What does yours say?