Personal View site logo
Shrigg Jig Production Cage
  • 58 Replies sorted by
  • Quality control is fine, after all it's just a chunk of aluminum that surrounds your camera.... If anything it's overbuilt which provides all the more protection/sturdiness. Communication: like I said, it's smart to just call Tim. I know Indisystem just launched a new website which should make online orders (finally) work... But a phone call never hurts. Yes, due to the DSLR craze Indisystem has seen a huge growth surge and there are now 10 employees. I heard that emails weren't getting through due to ISP overload which caused a lot of frustration/forum complaints. But in my experience Tim is excellent with support and follow through by phone. As a shooter, Tim understands our needs and goes all out to meet deadlines. I know I appreciate that! I expect the new site and staff to help operations get smoother.
  • well you know the only ones you ever hear from are the ones with problems....so I always take things like this with a grain of salt. Also the majority of those posts were from last year....so maybe he's got things straightened out.....we'll see. I'm calling now to order.....
  • The Shrigg cage got me interested in IndiSystem. I was wondering about extending the setup with a shoulder pad and handle(s). So, I decided to poke around to find some reviews. I'm pretty turned off after reading this thread:
    http://bit.ly/pVdZAB

Yes, there are some positive comments. But lots of issues with quality control and communication...
    Thoughts? Alternative POV?
  • Ordered thanks. Due to arrive 8/12
  • proaudio4

In no way Indiesystem is internet company, they are mostly phone based company :-)
  • @proaudio4

I'd suggest you give them a call: (319) 504-3985
  • shrigg, I shot them a message yesterday (via their web site) with what I wanted (cage,DSLR riser and carbon fiber rods > $149), I requested they send a paypal invoice. I see nothing as of this afternoon 12PM US mountain time.
  • @Shrigg Looks good, much cheaper than the ReWo cage too! Could you ship to the UK, and for how much?
  • About to order one, Looks great!
  • It's powder coated (not anodized)
  • Is the production anodizing hard-coat (Rc >60) or standard?
  • @sfbay_jon

Thanks! I just designed the Shrigg cage to meet my production shooting needs, figured others might want one if it turned out the way I wanted. I've used it shooting for larger corporate clients and the little GH2 meets their approval wearing the cage. And my 65mbps 3 GOP footage was approved no problem, thanks again Vitaliy!! As far as the value, Tim Ovel of indisystem is the man to thank for the $99 price. All good stuff that I'm glad to be a part of!
  • @shrigg
    Looking at his rig and the ReWo shows how good your rig is and an unbeatable value!
  • I posted the link to this site on his blog. He was surprised that people were looking at his Japanese-language site.
  • Interesting: the maker of the Japanese GH2 cage came over here and saw the Shrigg cages, check his blog
  • I posted on that thread asking and it's a custom, sounds like they would sell for around 80,000 yen. Did the conversion, that's $1,000 US
  • I do not know, accidentally saw) need to ask the author of the posts...
  • @Rerbreg
    I like that Japanese cage. Is it someones DIY or is it actually for sale?
  • http://tkysstd.com/wp/?p=2060
    something very similar, but the Japanese )
  • @Hazna

See the post just after all the pictures:

"These are not on the indisystem site yet... So anyone that wants one should just call them at (319) 504-3985 and request a paypal invoice for a Shrigg Jig"
  • Where do you order ?
  • I ordered!
  • @brianluce
    See the post just after all the pics
  • How much is the rods and rig package?

• @brianluce

It works good as a package, a sturdy and adjustable way to add a mattebox and follow focus