Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Tilta rig, follow focus, matte box, kits

tilta1.jpg
    748 x 893 - 136K
    tilta2.jpg
    711 x 895 - 135K
    tilta3.jpg
    719 x 949 - 137K
    tilta4.jpg
    688 x 938 - 135K
    tilta5.jpg
    716 x 657 - 92K
  • 86 Replies sorted by
  • I have some very stiff cine lenses to use. I've tried the Zacuto FF and it seems not to have enough torque. So I presume the FF-T03 would be the same or even less. Or, may just send those lenses to be services :)

• If you want one sided focus, the simple one is enough, you don't need such monster things.

• Yeah... it's pretty pricey too. That's why I want to know how it performs comparing to the previous model.

• @au8ust

Such things sale in very small amounts, and I doubt that any member here used it.

• Has anyone tried their FF-T05 model? http://www.tilta.com/product/d-19-_en.html

• To have the information also here in the Tilta thread: The distance should be around 80mm (+/- 2mm or so). -> Calculated back from the 60mm rod distance on the picture.

• I'm keen to get one but it would be great if someone who has one can take a quick measurement for me. I've attached a screenshot of the measurement I need. Thanks in advance.

Titla-FollowFocus.jpg
    600 x 382 - 196K
  • The BS-T03 shoulder rig does not work directly with Manfrotto 501PL quick release plates (though it does work with Manfrotto's next size up QR plates). Does anyone know if there is an quick release platform that made by Tilta that can be swapped out? I'd just do it with a Manfrotto 577 Quick Release Adapter, but I'd have to drill and tap holes in the rig and I would rather not do that if I don't have to.

• Excellent, would you be able to send me details to buy direct from them? Thanks!

Send PM, topic is not for this.

• Excellent, would you be able to send me details to buy direct from them? Thanks!

• Is there a version with 2x 4x5.6 filter stages? Any chance it has a 138mm rear?

They have Tilta MB-T04 with such specs, cost >$1000.

• Im interested in the tilta mattebox. Is there a version with 2x 4x5.6 filter stages? Any chance it has a 138mm rear?

• "Just got my Tilta BS-T03 shoulder base. Shipping is fast, one week from payment to delivery (with one day of public holiday in the middle).."

How did you go about ordering the Tilta BS-T03 shoulder base and what was the price? Thanks

• I see. Then Lanparte looks like a better option for the GH2/3.

• @sdes

You need external monitor or EVF. As for GH2, it is more optiomal to not mount it on such bases if you want to use it's EVF or screen.

• @duch One of my concerns with this rig is that the GH2/3 will sit at your shoulder making the camera monitor unusable. But you mention about adjusting the shoulderplate further back. How far back can you adjust it?

• Thanks, I PMed you.

• Did this group ever get a bulk purchase done?

What group and what group buy you are talking about?

If you want to get any Tilta gear you can contact me.

• I am very interested in picking up Tilta gear, however I've done everything in my power to contact Tilta (http://www.tilta.tv/en/) and getting no response. I now at NAB they announced they have a new US retailer, but the price jump from their old prices for the exact same gear is a little bit of a joke to me. The old prices are all over youtube. Did this group ever get a bulk purchase done? I'm basically stuck looking at Ebay, which is still 70+ dollars more then the prices everyone previously got.

• Just got my Tilta BS-T03 shoulder base. Shipping is fast, one week from payment to delivery (with one day of public holiday in the middle).

Same overall build quality as their follow focus kit, everything is nicely made, well thought and sturdy. The product in itself is a killer, lightweight (100 grams lighter than Lanparte base plate + shoulder pad + 2 x 30 mm rails, and those do not attach to a VCT-U14), low profile, it is WAY easier to balance a rig with it than with a separate shoulder pad and camera base. Less counterweight force required means the overall weight and inertia of the rig also goes down. To me, Tilta pad feels more comfortable than Lanparte pad.

Overall it's a pleasure to carry on your shoulder, almost feels like a DSR450.

Things not shown on the picture :

• it comes with 2 x 10 mm and 2 x 20 mm rods + 2 x connectors.
    • the shoulder pad can be adjusted back and forth via a pair of hex screws (25mm range)
    • the version shipped has the new, updated camera plate shown below (I prefer this system, as I lost pretty quickly the two very small "blocking pins" on my follow focus baseplate).
    TILTA BASE PLATE_1.jpg
    600 x 398 - 93K
  • on the video above it looks huge.. is it the same as attached on the BMD CC? Someone told that Tilta has the same baseplate mount as Sachter. Can anybody confirm this? Thanks in advance

• Tilta rig for BMC camera (19mm rails, complete with double FF, and MB)

tilta1.jpg
    772 x 520 - 87K
    tilta2.jpg
    772 x 520 - 83K