Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Tilta rig, follow focus, matte box, kits
  • 86 Replies sorted by
  • Any updates on the group buy or special offeres from Tilta?
  • Tilta is real nightmare to comunicate with :-)
  • any word on prices for all of this stuff separately?
  • >any word on prices for all of this stuff separately?

If you so need prices, you can look at taobao for them :-)
  • To me, the design looks real 'tactical cool'. Same coolness of say a machine gun. I've talked to the company a couple of months ago. Was promised a written quote, but never heard back. Their verbal quote was around $2500 for the dslr rig minus the monitor, as I recall. I was looking at their website today, I noted the location of the shoulder rest on this rig. It's so close to the front. If I placed this on my shoulder, the follow focus would hit me in the eye. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned, its an unfinished product and is vapor ware right now.
  • @bimdas almost right on cue, I got a quote back from Tilta yesterday :) They confirmed that the DSLR rig is available and ready to ship. I'll buy one to do a review if some one buys back either my Gini rig (new), Cavision rig (new), Lanpart rig (almost new) :)
  • I'd like to know about that F3 rig for my AF100. I'd be down if a person-view deal is made.
  • I'm tempted to buy this rig...has anyone used a rig with similar placement of the shoulder support? Makes sense to put the weight on your shoulders, but how do you view the monitor on the camera?
  • I don't think you be able to view much on your camera, you only can feel with your fingers.
    Go and see latest Letus rigs by Hurlbut, I don't think they are viewing much their camera monitors now days.
  • I bit the bullet and ordered the Tilta rig, it came in today and it´s awesome.

Build quality and finish are in the same league with Arri, Element Technika or RED.

Frank
  • Was hoping to hear that. Please, post a review of that piece of machinery quick!!!;) Some of us are dying to hear.
  • I´m doing a review on my blog anyway, I gonna link it here of course.
    I have a ton of work in the moment, so give me a few days.

Frank
  • Any news of the Tilta rig review ?

ff_alone.jpg
    595 x 528 - 57K
    ff_kit.jpg
    752 x 419 - 69K
    ff_kit1.jpg
    698 x 770 - 83K
    ff_rig.jpg
    800 x 528 - 51K
    ff_rig1.jpg
    800 x 301 - 46K
    handles.jpg
    760 x 469 - 40K
    handles1.jpg
    781 x 518 - 72K
    matte_box.jpg
    800 x 798 - 107K
  • Just received my Kit B .

All I can say so far is "Wow". The focus follow alone is probably worth most of the price of purchase. Movement is smooth and the stops are super easy to set. Mine came with two different whips and a crank which is kina overkill, but hey, I"m not complaining.

Erganomics feel great -- I need to be able to see if my camera is recording, so the on-the-shoulder large rig was out of the the questions. This is perfect though. Handles very sturdy, can set at a wide range of angles. Probably will just use my mix pre D and tascam in place of the counterweights at the back. Feels rock solid tho'

Gonna put it through its paces on a two week shoot in the everglades and report back with a more detailed review then.

• @JDN Ordered some tilta stuff myself and I'm looking forward to it soon. I'm glad you feel the build quality is as good as it looks. Any other thoughts appreciated, especially any follow focus comparisons. Thanks.

• Tilta Rig in the field for those who are curious.

SwampShooting.jpg
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
  • Just got my kit TT-V3-C today. It seems that GH2 is too low so the lens couldn't get matched with the matte box correctly. Is there any riser or way to fix this?

Thanks.

• Forgot the attach file.

UMC_1409 copy.jpg
    1064 x 708 - 234K
  • Nevermind fixed it now :)

• How did you fix it?

• I emailed Huang and she sent me some advised. See the attached photos she sent me.

MB-003.jpg
    800 x 1071 - 564K
    BP-003.jpg
    800 x 1071 - 558K
  • I got my rig a while ago and they make the most solid rigs out of all the other Chinese manufacturers. Shoulder pad is in a good place under the camera body (using an AF100), adjustable front rod height, carbon fibre matte box, solid monitor arm, good top handle, and rosette handgrips. FF is also good. Their FF is the undamped type and has a very little bit of backlash but it's negligible. Couldn't be happier to get all this for the price.

The rig is very heavy, though, and you'll want some sort of counterweight on the rear rods.

• I hope someone will post a full review of the Tilta big rig soon.

• Anyone care to comment on the matte box filter holders? Some of the reviews for other PRC-made matte boxes mention that the holders are a weak point. The Tilta one here looks VERY legit though.