Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
I'm not a beginner but its been a while since I tried a new patch
  • 29 Replies sorted by
  • I got a G3 new from the shop. sold low so i bought it together with lumix 8mm and 7-14 lenses. all discounted. anyways, i searched for the G3 stable settings after i unzip ptool 3.66d beta build (170192) and found sete.ini and setd.ini from this link below however when i right clicked to 'save link as', the file that was downloaded is not recognized by ptool 3.66d beta build (170192). it has been a real long while i was out from this site, and haven't had the time to go back and read previous FAQ. where did i go wrong in loading the firmware? help anyone.

a http://www.personal-view.com/ta lks/discussion/4913/panasonic-g3-stable-settings/p2

• this is the screenshot of ptool3.66d. there are no buttons, the set files i downloaded were not recognized when 'load firmware' button's clicked. what's wrong her?

ptool366d.jpg
    412 x 692 - 35K
  • That button is to load the firmware, not the settings files. You have to have a copy of the stock firmware to load, then you can combine it with the settings files to create your updated firmware.

That's why it says "No patches available, load firmware first"

• got it.

thanks @jpbturbo.