Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lens tests on the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera (BMPCC)
  • 232 Replies sorted by
  • This is a really nice topic! I was wondering if somebody did test out the Cooke SK4's: 6mm, 9mm and the 12mm. I would love to know if those are covering the BMPCC (Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera) sensor. if somebody could share some footage that would be amazing.

• Hi! I´m buying a bmpcc, and I want two lenses. Thinking in voigtlander 17.5 mm and srl magic 12. I´m shooting a documentary that needs to keep small, i don´t want the camera to be very notorious. What do you think about the lenses choice? Thanks a lot

• If you want the camera to be very unobtrusive, why not try and find some of those Pentax Cosmical lenses? Take acre to get versions made for 1" sensors, since 2/3" versions don't cover the BMPCC.

They are cheap, light and small, with decent optical and mechanical quality. I have a 12.5, 16 and 25 – all of them f 1.4 or 1.8. They Voigt is in a different class for sure, but WO it's softer than those Cosmicars and 17.5 is often not wide enough for interiors. It acts like a 50mm plus on that small sensor, while the 12.5 is like a mild wide angle.

• I can´t find them in B&H... and I live in argentina... :( . Anyway thank you!!

• No, they are vintage and can only be found in second hand sources.

• Slow motion test with the BMPCC. Nikon 28mm prime with generic speedbooster and WA adapter:

• BMPCC + Sigma 18-35mm. Creative lighting test: