Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @Jim_Simon, thank you! That is some of the best comparison information I have seen.

My better shots on the GH2 have been with Moon T8, but maybe they could have been even better with Moon T7. I like to think I've become a bit less of a hack over time. Lol

• Testing out Moon T7 on a Bolex Moller 8/19 anamorphic adapter with an Asahi Pentax Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 as the taking lens in the 2.66:1 aspect ratio. Shot in 720p60 graded with FilmConvert, Deluts, and VisionColor OSIRIS (Smooth all -2) with no sharpening in post. I found it easier to color grade in Moon T7 compared to the two previous hacks I used -- Spizz T5 and DREWnet T9.

Password: moont7

• @Tjabo

In my tests in T8 upon it's release, I did find the image overall a bit 'smoother' then 7, but it seemed to me that smoothness was because the image was less detailed. I prefer the detail.

You can read about this in the Moon T8 thread.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/10978/driftwood-cluster-x-series-4moon-t8spizz-t7/p6

• Cluster X 'DREWnet T9' Test (with Lumix GF3)

• I must apologize for insisting with the mono-theme, ran out of pills :P
    All but the very first shot is HBR NTSC version conformed to 23,97 TM. If this patch could have a force HB option... I'm finding to be the shots where is not so much going on (like an out of focus FG - SOC example below) where banding feasts like crazy and, no matter what rinsing and vitamin I fed it, so much difficult to fix it in post - anyway just dreaming (4:2:0, 8 bit) while having fun =)

With (yet to come) hybrid's grain filter which I humbly believe makes some difference, needs tweaking...

Untitled 2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • @kris @Tjabo, well thank you very very much!

• @halfhedge, you are gifted! That is one of my favorite music videos I have seen in a while!!! Fantastic shooting and editing.

• Very good,@halfhedge,slap on the back .I like playing with light.

• Hi! I tried my luck with a music video for a local Band. It was a quite ambitious undertaking for me, but it turned out okay for how far my abilities go right now. Made a lot of mistakes and hopefully, learned from all of them. The main one being that even daylight seems to be too little light for a night scene with a GH2. :) Anyway, i used the Drewnet T9 mainly, tried some good old Intravenus along the way, but too little light remains too little light. Enjoy.

• Fantastic news Nick!

Are you able to give any hints at the progression from Moon T7 to T8 and now to T9, as you see it? Or at least the changes you are trying to accomplish? I'm always so interested in what your goals are with these, and I have to say I just LOVE Moon T8!

• Guys: Latest on moon T9: Basically I need to finish it off properly. I apologise to all who have been patiently waiting. June is a hectic month for me too but I will endeavour to finalise it in 2nd week of July. May have a new Spizz too.

• Two more chapters Walls of Slumber City and Common Language =)  

• @Jim_Simon, I'm interested in your feeling/conclusion that Moon T7 is the best patch. Do you mind elaborating on what about it is better than which other patches? It seems to me that this sort of information sharing about the comparison of the patches is a bit sparse.

I have gotten better results with Moon T8 in 24H and in SH modes, so for me it is the clear winner so far. It does seem to me like the darks are cleaner with Moon T8, but sometimes there is unexpected noise in the mids and maybe even the light end of the highlights. Overall the quality I've gotten with Moon T8 has been stellar, even if mild denoising was needed.

Oh, as for dado023's question, Moon T8 is also less demanding on cards than Moon T7 from what I've found, and I even think I had success on some regular old Class 10 cards I had laying around. Honestly I can't remember that for sure though.

At any rate, for the people who prefer Moon T7 (which I did use successfully on a project, and I love Moon T7) over Moon T8, I'm interested in what about it you prefer. As much as I love Moon T7, I love Moon T8 even more. :)

• @yskunto what is the major difference between those two?

@Jim_Simon those card for Moon T7 are a bit expensive, also i am not a professional, i use GH2 for familiy times, events, etc, so if possible i would like to use max potential of this card i already have.

• @dado023 I recommend getting the card to fit the patch, not the other way around.

And the best patch is Moon T7.

• Cake 2.3 or Sanity 5.1

• guys, which hack/firmware would be recommended for standard Class10 64GB card?

• moon t9 !,whats that? was that "this weekend" about a year ago?

• When I was a kid I always wanted to be an astronaut... now thanks to you @Driftwood, and without too many drugs I feel like one ,-)
    BTW I really like how Nebula (HBR and 720p) bitrate scales with High ISOs, within same lighting conditions.
    It would be super duper if there was an option to force patch to its maximum bitrate (disregarding scene detail and DR) for high ISOs... denoising would be "easier" and guess one could savage more details... just TOL thinking out loud :P

I'm not very happy how AC3 compressed the music... maybe AAC is better(?). Anyway, more chapters to come
    CHEN KIUUUU

A__NEB8_PR_how_everything_started.jpg
    1440 x 772 - 267K
    B__NEB8_DRL_ALbiJO.jpg
    1440 x 798 - 347K
    C__NEB8_DRL_ponnypizza.jpg
    1440 x 797 - 387K
  • Very cool

• @driftwood ...looking forward to seeing both, Sir...Spizz and Moon. And I, for one, I'm very glad/happy, that you're still pushing the GH2 with your patches.

• Whilst trying to find the time to finish off moon T9 I tested out a new Spizz setting for 24p for Brighton Spiegeltent Festival that I will load up here this week. Lookout for it.

• Moon T7; Takumar 55mm 1.8; Lumix 14mm 2.5; Yashinon DS Yashica 55mm 1.4; Pixco focal reducer;

• This was moon t7

• Yupp, you are right, deadlines, and lack of attention.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters