Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • U3 just means 30mb/s min transfer rate. U1 means 10mb/s transfer rate. I have been using 128gb 95m/s U3 cards without issue on firmwares that require the 64gb 95m/s cards. The main thing is UHS-1 not UHS-2 or UHS-3, as these have an extra row of contacts on the card to allow faster transfer rates and isn't supported by the gh2. I beleive the 128gb cards weren't for sale back when most of these firmwares were written. Currently the SanDisk 128GB Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC U3 Memory Card (Class 10) that I have been using is on sale at b&h for $99. Good bargain in my opinion.

• That's 30 MB/s. MegaBYTE, not Megabit. BIG difference.

Capitals matter on this one.

• Well I probably shouldn't have refered to the write speed as 95 meters per second either. Hexagonal I hope you understood the message I was trying to convey

• The issue in this case is that Mb is a valid abbreviation for megabit, which is how video is measured. But the card speed is measured in megabyte, requiring a capital B in the abbreviation.

So I guess my point is that written messages are much easier understood when the proper conventions are ALWAYS followed - capitals, spelling, grammar, etc. Texting, chatting, posting on the Internet are NOT exceptions to the rules of writing we all had to follow when writing those class essays.

... and Vitaliy; do not worry snake is poison-less :P image

...to all the good people, developing, testing, annoying, requesting, digesting, coffee drinking, complaining, sharing, understating, overestimating, underwhelmed, overpowered, scuba diving etc. etc. thank you

• The snake ate my leg, I couldn't skate, just derivate for christ's sake where is Mr. Driftcake??!!!
    One more nail on the coffin and a piece of content for the republic of china's army to torture semi-innocent souls. BTW in the remotely plausible case anyone interested on watching a decent H264 copy (207MB) it will be available for 1 week here =)

grab from today's batch also... ahh the irony nurturing from the irony itself!!!

• The problem with @Driftwood's patches is that they're so good, one stops taking photos :P
    More from planet Nebula T8... it seems I can't manage to leave

MY HEART IS WITH ALL HIMALAYAN PEOPLE
    my hands gettin' dirty =)

Direct download link for x264 HQ copy (86MB)  

This is absolutely OT but if not here I don't know where else shall I share my excitement;
    two days ago I found buried under a town of books 3 copies (photocopies - producer's work copy) of original scripts with hand annotations and all by Orson Welles (The Dreamers), Greenaway and Fellini (La Vocce dela Luna)

Now, on toppic, I filmed them with hacked GH2 =)
    Proof

• Panasonic GH2 Moon T7 Hack Takumar 55mm 1.8 Lumix 14mm 2.5 Yashinon DS Yashica 55mm 1.4 Pixco focal reducer

Masino - Ti Možeš from Matija Tatomirovic on Vimeo.

• I don't get it, embed code from Vimeo doesn't work. I can't get preview window.

• @kingkorg, did you think about denoising? That guy's pants have the characteristic problem I had with some of my T7 footage. A little denoising is a mandatory step on a lot of T7 work I think.

• Yupp, you are right, deadlines, and lack of attention.

• This was moon t7

• Moon T7; Takumar 55mm 1.8; Lumix 14mm 2.5; Yashinon DS Yashica 55mm 1.4; Pixco focal reducer;

• Whilst trying to find the time to finish off moon T9 I tested out a new Spizz setting for 24p for Brighton Spiegeltent Festival that I will load up here this week. Lookout for it.

• @driftwood ...looking forward to seeing both, Sir...Spizz and Moon. And I, for one, I'm very glad/happy, that you're still pushing the GH2 with your patches.

• Very cool

• When I was a kid I always wanted to be an astronaut... now thanks to you @Driftwood, and without too many drugs I feel like one ,-)
    BTW I really like how Nebula (HBR and 720p) bitrate scales with High ISOs, within same lighting conditions.
    It would be super duper if there was an option to force patch to its maximum bitrate (disregarding scene detail and DR) for high ISOs... denoising would be "easier" and guess one could savage more details... just TOL thinking out loud :P

I'm not very happy how AC3 compressed the music... maybe AAC is better(?). Anyway, more chapters to come
    CHEN KIUUUU

A__NEB8_PR_how_everything_started.jpg
    1440 x 772 - 267K
    B__NEB8_DRL_ALbiJO.jpg
    1440 x 798 - 347K
    C__NEB8_DRL_ponnypizza.jpg
    1440 x 797 - 387K
  • moon t9 !,whats that? was that "this weekend" about a year ago?

• guys, which hack/firmware would be recommended for standard Class10 64GB card?

• Cake 2.3 or Sanity 5.1

• @dado023 I recommend getting the card to fit the patch, not the other way around.

And the best patch is Moon T7.

• @yskunto what is the major difference between those two?

@Jim_Simon those card for Moon T7 are a bit expensive, also i am not a professional, i use GH2 for familiy times, events, etc, so if possible i would like to use max potential of this card i already have.

• @Jim_Simon, I'm interested in your feeling/conclusion that Moon T7 is the best patch. Do you mind elaborating on what about it is better than which other patches? It seems to me that this sort of information sharing about the comparison of the patches is a bit sparse.

I have gotten better results with Moon T8 in 24H and in SH modes, so for me it is the clear winner so far. It does seem to me like the darks are cleaner with Moon T8, but sometimes there is unexpected noise in the mids and maybe even the light end of the highlights. Overall the quality I've gotten with Moon T8 has been stellar, even if mild denoising was needed.

Oh, as for dado023's question, Moon T8 is also less demanding on cards than Moon T7 from what I've found, and I even think I had success on some regular old Class 10 cards I had laying around. Honestly I can't remember that for sure though.

At any rate, for the people who prefer Moon T7 (which I did use successfully on a project, and I love Moon T7) over Moon T8, I'm interested in what about it you prefer. As much as I love Moon T7, I love Moon T8 even more. :)

• Two more chapters Walls of Slumber City and Common Language =)  

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters