Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @danielortegajan, I LOVE your video!!! Did you only use the 25mm lens for the whole thing? Shot in 24H?

• @3Kids Thanks for that info. I know this is not the thread, but what can you use as a card speed test? The BlackMagic speed test app shows the same as the 5D3. By the way (and to get back on topic, I also tested Moon T7 in HBR on the Komputerbay card without any problems.

• @tak Activity Monitor shows disk transfer rates under the Disk tab. I'd have Finder and Activity Monitor open and start copying large movie files to/from the SD card. The speed of course depends on speeds of the card reader/hard disk. Some internal hard drives are slow (<80MB/s).

• @kn3 good idea ! But, I get even slower write speeds shown from my ssd to the SD card, 15 mb/s , oh well as long as moon t7 works I guess the true speed of the card does not really matter. ( I just feel a bit ripped off).

• Drewnet T9

• @Tjabo Thanks! :) Yes, only the 25mm..no money for different lenses ;)

• Some still shots pulled directly from video clips in Premiere. No CC at all, just very mild noise reduction and sharpening via NeatVideo. All the footage I captured was at ISO640 f/1.4 using a Nikkor AiS 50mm. The noise honesty had a very pleasant grain, and looking back I think I'd rather bump it up to ISO1250 and drop the aperture to F/2.0 to improve sharpness (lots of flare and abberations wide open on that vintage lens) but none the less, VERY impressed with the DrewNet patch. Can't wait to get some Sandisk Extreme Pros to try out Moon.

Branden01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 490K
    Preston01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 717K
    preston03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 728K
  • my new short movie! I call it: awful footage fixed in post :) Thanks to the "force" of Moon T7...

• cbm32221 All shot with the GH2 MoonT7. Ending proposal shot with 5DM2.

• @Lenkoff, that is great news, the new footage was fantastic. I'm guessing the ending proposal part was just so poorly lit that the 5DM2 was the best choice to use there, and it still had a hard time.

• @sam great job fixing that footage. quite impressive.

• Drewnet T9 test My sister wedding

• Test shots using T7

• I've tested Moon T7 setting. thanks Driftwood!

grading:

no grading(nostalgic):

• @jorgecuevasjr It looks very good. Nice look and sound

• cluster x sigma 30mm gh2

• Finally I manage to shoot the pilot of "Recortadores" with my gh2 moon T7, but this time with the help of few friends and no budget we were able to get enough material to start with, plus some interviews. But this is for them, they are going to Dubai to make their show and need for a video presentation, so I did some edit for help them. Shoot was made with Sony FS 700, Panasonic 171 and of course my GH2, wich outperformed as good as allways with Moon T7, taken grades, plus not a frozen shot or stop recording.

• Has anyone used Moon T7 with the 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 POWER O.I.S lens? I'm thinking of getting it and wanted to get others thoughts. How stable is it under 24H without autofocus?

• I've used that lens with Moon T7, no problems. It's my workhorse lens, only swapping out for the 20mm pancake in very low light.

• I tried moon for a couple of hours, pretty cool hack. Settings: 24P Low, cine mode -2.

• Here is a piece I shot with SPIZZ T6. Smooth -2, FCPX

• Drewnet T9 test

• Has anyone had success with the moon t7 patch and the PNY 128gb Elite Performance 90MB/s cards? Mine stops recording in 24p after 6-8 seconds if I push it too much (high detail or high ISO scenes), despite it testing as writing ~50MB/s in the blackmagic software.

• @driftwood I'm curious what differences you might be able to share between the Cluster X series and the other hacks you've developed in the past. What makes Moon T7 different from your other intras like Sedna or VY Canis Majoris? Is Moon an all out improvement or is it simply different parameters better suited for different situations?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters