Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Panasonic G6 Issues
  • 83 Replies sorted by
  • Seems like some kind of in camera processing that tries to emulate higher DR. Similar to the Shadows/highlight effect that is found in adobe applications like premiere. Try the same test with higher in-cam contrast adjustment.

• oscillian - is this halo visable in camera on the rear screen when you view the footage - or is it something that has been induced onto he image in post due to processing in Premiere

try trouble shooting this to see where the issue is occuring

I had an issue with my G6 it had a dead pixel cluster on the sensor so its had to be returned for a replacement new body - Im now awaiting this to arrive

• @CFreak Hopefully it's just my copy

• @andy_lee Lets keep the discussion to this thread. I wanted to shoot in 50p to have the option of slo mo, if needed. Will try other modes and see if issues are the same.

• How annoying. Is the G6 too good to be true?

• Can someone with a G6 do a similar test to see if this is just my camera? I'm trying to get hold of another G6 later today and try again.

• Wow that looks pretty dreadful.

• First off: this is probably a hardware error:

Dark halo-ing on the left(?) of bright objects!

UPDATE! This is caused by i.Dynamic settings. Turn OFF to avoid these artifacts!

AVCHD 50p ISO 160 Shutter 1/50 Photo Style: Natural: -5,0,0,-5 WB: Cloudy First clip: Olympus 45mm f1.8 @f1.8 Second clip: Lumix 14-140mm, 14mm@ f4

MPEG 50p export straight from Premiere