Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Sony A77 topic
  • 111 Replies sorted by
  • >Ich werde hoffen, dass Canon kommt mit etwas Besserem.<<br />
    i think - no!
  • Sony is gonna clean up for a while due to these cameras giving the VDSLR community more of what it's been asking for. I know i'm very excited by the prospects of these new cams. I like the specs of the A77, but i'm also intrigued by the more video centric VG20. It's supposed to have a 16MP MPX Exmor sensor. That seems to be a variation of the sensor from the NEX-5N.

This new sensor it would seem will be video optimized, which should solve the issues with the original VG10. Along with better Manual Controls should make it a very interesting camera. We'll have to see just what they did with this camera to differentiate it from a DSLR beyond just the form factor. I think Sony purposefully didn't use the 24MP NEX-7 Sensor so that it wouldn't eat into the sale for the FS100! I wonder how the A77 will compare to the image from the VG20H.
  • "1920 x 1080 60p/24p AVCHD 2.0"

I guess GH3 will have that, too.
  • I'll hope that canon will come up with something better.
  • is in camera IS any good on these?
  • which is sad
  • It can take every Nikon + Canon glass (Aps-C + FF) with an adapter but no MFT
  • Is there absolutely no way to use our M4/3, Canon and Nikon lenses on that?
  • So supposedly this new sensor/engine is optimized for video - I'd like to see if the dslr jello effect has been fixed. BTW - these mounts can take AIS lenses via adapter, right?
  • @Vitaliy

>>150 000 yen for the body only (1960 dollars)>>

Where did you get this price? Take a closer look at SAR:

>>Body only will be priced at $1000
    Body + 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM Kit will be priced between $1600 and $1800.>>
  • if it wasn't for that lens mount... sigh.. :(. Hopefully NEX series will be as good for video.