Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Metabones lens speed booster adapter, focal reducer
  • 873 Replies sorted by
  • I actually just left it out, since it wasn't doing much anyways. But I've returned it already now.

• @fosterchen I had the same thing happen when I got mine, and it continues to fall out. Very anoing.

• Anyone have any speculations about the crop factor of a GH4-specific variant Speedbooster, whether it'll be available in both standard and ULTRA variants, active EF right away, et cetera et cetera?

• Hello, Here's some tests I've made using different EF lenses on my GH4 with the Metabones Speedbooster.

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 :: Canon 24mm f/3.5 L II TS-E :: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM :: Samyang 35mm T/1.5 :: Canon 35mm f/1.4 L :: Zeiss 50mm f/2 Makro-planar :: Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM :: Samyang 85mm T/1.5

Love Zeiss, 70-200 & Tokina for wide angle. Samyang 35 and 24-105 are very good.

• No problem here. I have an AEG, though.

• has anybody here ever had problems with a contax zeiss 85/1,4 on the contax-mft speed booster? mine shows weird behaviour when mounted, the focus becomes stiff as in almost unusable. fyi: i have a rare mmg copy of the lens. thanks for your help!

• Is there a chance that they'd do an Ultra for m4/3 mount?

• @ Bebop

Yes you can. The 0.71x reduction would turn it into a 35mm ~T1.1.

• @Panamedia No way to have a speed booster for Leica-M, the flange distance is too short. Leica-R, yes.

• Can I use GH4 with "Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster" and Samyang lenses ( Samyang 50mm T1.5 Lens for Canon EF Mount ) ?

• So I know that there's no Leica M to MFT speedbooster. But is there any way to get a speedbooster for Leica M lenses through adapters? More specifically, I wanted to see if it was possible to use a speedbooster on the SLR Magic 50mm T0.95 M Mount lens.

• I sent email to Metabones about Minolta MD to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster concerning the incompatibility issues.

They didn't reply. I guess they don't want my money.

• Just received my FD to MFT Speed Booster, and right away the plastic ring covering the space around the glass element came off. This is supposed to happen?

• @cinemasteve87. thx mate @dial I brought mine on Marcotec website germany , 3 day and I got it

• A rental house in my city has theirs in. They got it a few days ago.

• Just sharing an update on my order from well over a week ago. I have tried multiple times to contact Metabones on their various email addresses but have yet to receive a single reply or shipping details, so I will be cancelling my order through Paypal.

Hopefully this is just an isolated incident and others have better luck than I did.

• @valpopando Beautiful videos! Well-done!

• waiting for Speed Booster ULTRA ! LOL

• Another test with speedbooster metabones nikon / MFT.

Sigma 35mm f1.4 art , simply amazing , maybe the best combo ever on GH4 ,

and Tokina 11-16 f2,8

• An order with Metabones last week hasn't shipped yet. I have sent several emails to Metabones using both info@metabones.com and support@metabones.com asking for an update and still not a single reply yet. Is this normal when dealing with them?

• Any word on when the EF to GH4 version is shipping?

Also, any word of a Nikon version with support for AF and IS?

• Speed Booster ULTRA

Sharper corners, less distortion, reduced vignetting

New optical design: advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tanatalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.

Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors, such as Sony E-mount and Fuji X-mount cameras, from 1.5x to 1.07x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well corrected for use with virtually all fullframe SLR lenses regardless of exit pupil distance. Thus, the Speed Booster ULTRA performs extremely well with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses such as the 24-70mm f/2.8 and 70-200mm f/2.8 zooms by Canon and Nikon to produce 17-50mm f/2.0 and 50-142mm f/2.0 high-speed zooms, respectively. Similarly, high-speed fixed focal length lenses such as a 50mm f/1.2 will be transformed into a 35.5mm f/0.9 lens with excellent contrast and resolution from the center all the way to the edges of the image. (More information can be found in the press release here)

• @HillTop1 - call me a Bonehead... Though I'm not buying one right away, you have to remember, this is more than an adapter. You have quality optical glass that increases field of view and light transmission, then on top of that does what no other lens adapter has been able to do yet - communicate between M4/3 and EF. I don't use AF anyways, so not having it won't be something that keeps me up at night. I'm certain there will be others hitting the market down the road from other manufacturers, but as we've seen, Metabones does stand above the rest (though the RJ Turbo I bought is pretty stinking awesome too).

• I thought they focused, at least somewhat, automatically for EF?