Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official GH2 "Stalin" hack development topic
  • 939 Replies sorted by
  • @plasmasmp

This is related to quantizer. New version also have ability to adjust many other tables.

• Scaling tables. very interesting

• Very Nice VK. Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to testing it out.

• Small preview

Shows that new PTool going deeper at AVCHD encoder tweaking, allowing you to change almost all settings.

ptool.jpg
    382 x 630 - 95K
  • Can't wait to see it!! thanks for the great team effort~

• Radical for 25p... Can't wait V!

• @bricolo

It has some improvements and new patches. But it won't be radical. Most of the work had been to add some new features, and support for new firmware and GF2. As well as some preparation for fast GF3 porting.

• Is it a real improvement? Will it give something radically better?

• New PTool will certainly come before 15 February.

Alpha version will be available first to core team, after this beta for active testers, and final version after it.

• testing Driftwoods patches.

• Started my new (ongoing) project which will be updated every week with new footage. I am using Driftwoods quantumv9b beta Had no problems at all with the Sandisk 8Gb 45MB/s (although they don't span)

• I'm sharing with you our last Jazzy shot on GH1&2 :

• Thank you Vitaliy, just Donate for the Perfekt Job. René

• Is it possible to hack the shutter speeds below 1/25th for Panasonic lenses? Curiously, these Shutter speeds (down to 1/2 second) are only available when using a lens without electrical contacts.

You can already get them by changing to manual focus. I think the reason is that AF speed is directly related to fps - the slow shutter speeds reduce fps and AF becomes far too slow to be useful. So instead of having users complaining about that, Panny just disallows it.

• Is it possible to hack the shutter speeds below 1/25th for Panasonic lenses? Curiously, these Shutter speeds (down to 1/2 second) are only available when using a lens without electrical contacts.

• brilliant news, thanks Vitally and the rest of the folk working on this, and agreed its time to donate

• Thank you ever so much! A great thank you to to Vitaliy, Driftwood, LPowell and all others that make filming with the GH2 such a pleasure for the rest of us silent users. Time to donate again

• Awesome news V!

Keep up the great work, (on his and other projects!)

• Due to many other (not this project realted) stuff I need to do, most probably, new PTool will be available on first week of February.

• 2012 will be a wonderful year. Thank you so much Vitaliy !

• @Vitaliy In what time could you finish completely this patch? Thank you Vitaliy for your great work. At the beginning of Februarý I will make a new donation for this great project.

• I finished porting of most hacks for GH2 v1.11 and GF2.

But some work remains for complex AVCHD patches. And some PTool changes for new and changed patches.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I did some MJPEG testing, 1080p and 3840x2160 (2fps folks, don't get excited).

I extracted YUV to separate b&w components... Y is identical on both, but U and V look both much more smooth and better detailed.

I would suggest that chroma sub-sampling is perhaps occuring in the chain -after- where ever it is that you're changing the size variables in the firmware.

• Quantum v9 patch. 1080i, converted to 1080p 50fps

first part original. second part 50p slowed down to 25p last part with twixtor, and magic bullet filter.

• I know this is probably really annoying and has been asked before but now that it's been a while since the 1.1 patch has been out what is the progress on hacking it? I know you must be working hard and it's very easy for us to demand the patch now but I'm just incredibly curious as to any discoveries you have found and what the timeframe is for when the new ptool will be ready.