Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • orgie18 -

That was great work! Fun to see some keying work off of GH2 footage. Were you keying blue sky? I imagine so, since setting up a cyc for that type of work would be nuts and very expensive! Were you using keyLight in Ae, or ultra key in Premiere?

There was one point where the key heavily eroded the actors' hand, (it is a stump that "melts" back into the shot) but other than that, decent work! Looks like you preferred the matrices of Intravenus- my friend has purchased a gh2 and neither of us has had any time to work with it much yet, but we have a nice big single back-drop green screen that we did a previous project with a JVC consumer HD-cam which was a nightmare to key, so looking forward to a hopefully better experience with the gh2!

I have some great old Pentax glass since my still system is Pentax, so we picked up and adapter and I'm looking forward to doing some work with the gh2- both key work and real on-set work. But your clip was truly inspirational!

• @DeShonDixon I heart B&W/slo-mo/film grain so that was supadope! good work

• @Oedipax Thanks man! Man yeah -2 everything

• @DeShonDixon, great work! The 720p60 stuff looks just as good as the 1080. Smooth -2 on everything? Really like the whole vibe of that video, production on the song's nice too.

• @driftwood, welcome back from the storm.

• Here's the vimeo version

• Sorry for being away from here recently. Working on some new ideas.

• @matt_gh2 Haha thanks! No I did not get payed :( The hack I used was Boom v1, I had the iso at like 160 the whole time only went up to 2500 for the shots in the room, and I used an old Olympus Zuiko 35mm f/2 lens I got off ebay for cheap.

• @DeShonDixon Skills. I hope you guys got paid - because that was professional work! Great shots, great editing, great choice to go black and white, great work on slow motion. Skills.

(Do you mind sharing the hack/setting, in-camera settings, and lenses used?). Oh yeah, one other thing...skills. Rock on!

• Shot with Panasonic GH2

• @sch8mid

Thanks for the info, i will give it a try... However i still prefer the motion like in the GTX video, its much smoother, the video's need to play smooth on all devices/systems ;-) So i will use the Canon for the crane shots, because of the HDMI issue.

Regards

• @danielvy I think, it's possible to shoot in 1080 24p but the mouvement must be slow if you want a good result with twixtor.

• @ Stray Thanks

• @APA I do not recommend to use the patch "BOOM!", "Intravenus" "drewnet v7 444 'all versions except" sharp2 ", for video recording in 720p, you may not notice, but when zooming is clearly visible. In each GOP jump fine lines, and in your video, I noticed it right away.

• @danielvy yes 60fps and shutter @ 125 or higher.

• @orgie18 You must shoot in 60p to achieve that nice slow motion in twxtor? cant be done in 1080 24p shutter 1000?

• should sedna still be used with 3.65p tools or the newer 3.66 beta ptools?

• @orgie18 Very nice man!

• @stray I tested both sedna and Intravenus and Intravenus blows sedna out of the water in terms of keying. You are correct about the blocking, Intravenus is littered with artifacts in the shadows and on really detailed shots. I do think the edge softening is helping with the keying to a point, but I also think its the matrices that really do most of the work.

Ill have to post some stills to illustrate what I get with the two patches.

• @orgie18 impressive! Makes me want to go test this myself!

• Hi, This is a new test of slowmotion and keying shot with Intravenus 720p60.

• Hey everyone! check out the new video I just shot with BOOM! Holds up amazingly well for 720p :)

• @ splendidd - Moms Garden Page 2 (in case you missed my post on Vimeo)

This video is smooth as hell and beautiful .

First : Monitor ,Beamer, TV to 1080 24 p (its crucial : a Monitor @ 60 Hz/50 Hz will always introduce judder )

Second : Right Player : Win : MPC- HC with LAV H.264 Decoder and MadVR as renderer ,Movist on Mac ( best option:acceptable but not as good as the Windows option , cause Apple has been sleeping for years (almost no support for Hardware acceleration (DXVA) of modern Graphiccards)

Third :Do not play your Vimeofiles in Explorer or Firefox (way too much Overhead). Play them in Google Chrome (close all other tabs)

Right now I played your video in Chrome on a calibrated professional Panasonic Plasma set to 1080 24 p and it was smooth. And believe me I am super nervous with every kind of judder and shakey movements.

Sorry for my English , not my native language. Best Armin

• @otcx The different Sedna settings are for specific situations. However, I always go for Sedna A AQ1 these days. Great detail, consistent bitrate in pretty much any conditions and no vagaries that I've found.

• Deleted text