Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @From_Paris "I will make my film in 24P and I will transfer in 25P in post-production." Yes, this is probably the best solution -- but there are various ways you can do that -- so research well and choose properly.

@herbycamer The issue of a better patch for 25p misses the point of the mechanical flaws with the GH2's 25p. 24p is native, true progressive. 25p is un-flagged progressive frames laid on a 50i stream -- and that's truly consumer junk on a range of levels. No matter how good the patch is -- the recording method is crap.

If I lived in a PAL country -- I'd film in 24p and use the appropriate method to convert the footage to 25p -- and there are a range of different and effective ways to do that.

• @herbycamer

In fact, I hate myself for not understanding all the topic here ...

That's why I tried to use humor.

Obviously, I know the answer to my question is not so simple.

Like everyone here, I'd like a magic wand everything is optimal for me, for us with the 25P ...

:)

• Hello all! @ From_Paris. You need more diplomacy i think. I'm a PAL user too... I know your problems

Unfortunaly, 24P mode is better since conception of the GH2, because of native sensor output.

I think the good question for Nick Driftwood is: "Do you think is it possible to make a patch like Orion, Sedna or Mysteron ONLY for PAL HBR25p that match 24P mode, or if GH2 can't do that?"

Now, you can try Bkmcwd's Patch like GolGOP or GOPzilla. It look well in PAL mode ( a new silent user!!!)

Thanks VK, ND, Bkmcwd and others actif for this great work they do for community, don't forget that...

• If the 24P is very better than the 25P, I will make my film in 24P and I will transfer in 25P in post-production.

I will post my test this next week.

• @From_Paris , I think that "Panny" hacked it's own firmware to provide us HBR mode :-) they did not count on 25p.

• @tinbeo

You're right Tinbeo, I tried to be funny but ... in vain.

I Will take Orion V4B Monday. I have a few days to test it.

• @From_Paris I afraid nobody would réponse mais parlez vous like that ;=) Just choose on setting and try out of yourself, whatever patch ( sedna, orion, mystery ) work with your sd card, then call it très bien

• @spaceandtime

as soon as heavy winds rush across them it crashes about 5 secs after?

I second what @nomad said. It’s not the movement itself, but rather the effect it creates, that causes the crash. (The effect being a change in contrast that boosts details, making the encoder do some extra heavy work.)

• And why this fucking 24P is ALWAYS better than the 25P I need!??? :))))

SHIT GIVE ME ONE 25P VERY VERY GOOD!

THANKS ALL

• @sebasp1 actually sedna is a marine creature goddess,..i believe,...

• well i just want to say i had no problems with sedna aq1A 720-50 home testing, recorded fine no write errors! very nice settings work great for pal country's, was wondering if i could change to gop 1 but haven't try it yet. and detail is so great that i believe could be upscaled to 1080 with no problems!

once again thanks driftwood, if you ever come to argentina you got a place to stay and eat!

btw sedna is referring to a star beyond Uranus possibly the solar system 10th planet hah!

• mysteron burst needs a very high speed class 10 card,...it shld work with 64g 95m/s sandisk,...better dont try it if you dont have capable cards,...

• @tinbeo

Yes I need the HBR (1080P) for French TV. Mandatory.

I do not know what patch will give me the best 25P in image quality.

Orion V4, Sedna ... ?

Thanks

• @spaceandtime Could be that moving leaves give more reflections when turning and increase fine detail that way.

• Didn't you want to shoot in HBR mode? And did you ever update your camera with the new firmware of Panasonic?

• Orion V4b = 25P? Sedna too? Mysteron too?

• @tinbeo @Driftwood

I saw all the tests we VIMEO, every patch, I do not know why but I think Orion V4B always seems to be better (like Quantum V9B few weeks ago).

Orion = V4B Sedna Mysteron = 25P = all in too?

Thank you for helping me.

• @Mr_Moore

thanks for the info. But one thing i dont understand is why am i able record a whole orchard of trees with leaves barely flutterring but as soon as heavy winds rush across them it crashes about 5 secs after? All this at the same distance.

• @spaceandtime

Myst burst mode seems to only crash when there is alot of unpredictable movement.

All-I (intra) encoders are unaffected by movement. In fact, the more and faster the movement the better, because motion blur reduces details. Only sharpness and hight detail in any one single frame can stress the encoder.

Increasing ISO will increase noise, which, given its random nature and Mysteron’s sharp matrix, will result in extra detail. The next thing you know, the camera crashes.

• It may be just me.. but Myst burst mode seems to only crash when there is alot of unpredictable movement. Basically leaves flustering alot from wind. Everything else seems good, you might have to be picky on outside scenes and high iso scenes but I think it would be possible to make a short film with it. Rushing water even seems to be fine.... the crashes come for me when I raise iso and shoot some scenes above 1250 or shoot leaves in the wind :/. imageimageimage

00000.MTS (0_00_04) 000001.bmp
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
    00002.MTS (0_00_10) 000002.bmp
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
    00002.MTS (0_00_21) 000000.bmp
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
  • @LumixUser i know sedna A AQ1 will win in post production,.. i was wrong at first then realized fault my side,.. my gpu i changed it to nvidia 9 series ,.. better gpu drives cuda well,.. then after all this i found sedna with vegas a great combination for severe grading and fstops in redgiant suites,... mysteron is also technically better,.. the mysteron v1 is so friendly i tried it with +9 fstops,.. was sooo good,... sedna a aq1 and mysteron non burst responses so similar,...for burst test thank u,..i didn't try burst yet,.. risk factor!!

• I just used Mysteron and my film still sucks. No character development, horrible dialogue, and plain boring. wtf i want my money back. ps: just donated. thx for the hard work, its not thankless!

• @thepalalias, late reply to but I also would like to see the SeAQuake and Quantum v9b vs Sedna and Mysteron. Maybe throw terraquake in there too? Like Terraquake VS Mysteron, and Seaquake VS Sedna VS Orion

• @driftwood in my tests of Sedna Q20 ver. B 1080i60 stops at 10 minutes every time on SanDisk 95MB/s 64GB SDXC

• Small test with Orion v4b in werry bright condition, and fast movement. Pany 14-140, s50, iso 160. No grading, or anything.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions