Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 4: Cluster v2, Mysteron, Sedna, Orion...etc...
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @LumixUser thankfully the only shooting i know of is camera related...coming back to topic...do you remember what settings, iso etc on this? I imagine Sedna A, right?

• @onionbrain Wow great video, makes me want to switch back to Mysteron. I wish you would have done the same footage on Sedna to compare

• @adcockstudios I live in Miami.. but occasionally ride up to Otown.. I would like to go shooting in Otown sometime!

• @luxis thanks luxis, I lowered the bitrates in ptools because of the card I was shooting with (trascend 16gb class 10).. I have tested sedna aq1 at stock 154 bitrate a on a sandisk 45mb and it is stable, it just will not span.

• @ModernHuman Lower GOP is sometimes a consideration. I seem to remember Mysteron is GOP3 for 50P and GOP6 for 60P.

I got some great bitrates with 50P Sedna AQ1 C but I have not analyzed 1 to 1 60P vs 50P with the same patch much yet. Should be able to tell you after the testing on Sunday.

• Just a side note for People using EX Tele or 720 modes AT ALL WITH THIS CAMERA: An external monitor does not work with those modes correctly even with default firmware. It's not a "settings" problem.

• @thepalalias Well just not too long ago I tried different patches going down to Orion Driftwood Quantum X (v4b Orion) CBR 'Settings' and I still get recordings halted after a few seconds on 1080i50 and sometimes on HBR, even though I once again lowered the bitrates to 50M/100M. All of this happening on my 7DayShop 32GB Class SD Card :(

How much less intense patch do I need to go? I really want at least Intra recordings.

• @GH2_fan The lowest bitrate of the current Intra patches are Pictoris. You could also try SpanMyBU V1 (which has a lower bitrate than V2 in the recordings I did with them).

As I said earlier, adjusting the bitrate by itself is sometimes not enough - you have to adjust the PTool settings for the frame sizes too. That is part of the reason why it is better to start off with patches designed for slower cards.

• @adamquesada hey! Cool footy. A few of the shots give me a good idea as to what it may look like shooting in specific situations. So thanks!

• @adamquesada That was the first time I tried watching a video using YouTubes new 3D conversion. I watched it in red/blue glasses mode. Better than expected.

• shortfilm a free style one from sedna aaq1,..gh2,..

u will find it little darker,.,.its purposefully made to be darker,.because of strong lights in mall,..and to avoid over light from other shops.,.

• watch this in 1080p

• @LumixUser is 640 the base iso for GH2??

• @soulkeeper

is 640 the base iso for GH2?

We don’t know for sure, but I believe the reasoning is as follows. The base ISO for the GH2 in stills mode is 160. Assuming that one video pixel is interpolated by using four stills pixels, 160 × 4 = 640.

• Video is private again I will improve grading and repost it,.. ;) suggestions from friends

• @No_SuRReNDeR 320 is an accurate assumption. But the 640 number is referring to a test done here by one of the PV users that showed that 640ISO actually had the least amount of noise in it.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/37438#Comment_37438

The problem being that 640 is also one of those buggy ISOs that suffer from the ISO bug. So while it may be the cleanest ISO, it is not always the safest bet to shoot in.

• @thepalalias Thank you and look forward to your tests!

@soulkeeper @No_SuRReNDeR @shian 640 ISO is in no way the cleanest. I recently did some iso tests with Sedna A AQ1 and stock and from 640 on, noise was definitely visible. Granted, the patch makes good use of the noise, producing nice grain, but 160 and 320 are definitely cleaner.

• @modernhuman did you take the necessary (and inordinately complicated) steps to avoid the ISO bug?

• @shian That test you referenced was done by selecting 320 from 640, in other words, NOT avoiding the iso bug. I have since learned to select 400 before 320. My current philosophy is that noise simply increases as you up the iso and there are no real native iso's.
    Here's a low light test of Sedna B Q1 at 400 Iso on my hexacopter. Some smoothcam and color correction applied but it seems like the banding is no where to be found like it normally would. Loving it!

• @shian yes, coming down the middle row and then up to the top row destination. I may do more testing, but it make sense that 320 and 160 would be cleaner than 640.

• @yeehaanow Dude, that's awesome. I gotta get me one of those!

• @yeehaanow where did you get your hexacopter?

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions