Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • Quick test and grade using Orion v4d.... bit heavy on grade this time....i love it, this work driftwood is amazing

• @Artardi

Are you absolutely sure that footage was shot at 24p -- it looks more like 30fps (or 29.97). That, or perhaps the shutter was set to 1/25?

• @jrd i´m almost sure.

• @driftwood

"Still ongoing tests using Std profile. Changes and fine tunings still going on. It will be done when its done. Got 4 GH2s working flat out..."

:-)) you are crazy!!!

• @jack I see some kind of heat wave aliasing going on in the wide shots with grass and in the trees when the camera tilts up or moves. Is that normal for the High bit rate hacked gh2? I am just getting my gh2 in the mail today and expected cleaner images from what i've seen. artardi's footage looks very clean in comparison but i guess his camera was pretty static. is this noise expected in moving shots with lots of detail?

• @woodybrando hi and thanks for the comments.

I'll be honest and agree that it isnt the cleanest footage and that isn't because of the camera or hack but my own experience. Im still learning and could have filmed and edited it better. Please don't use mine as an example of what you can get from the gh2....im a beginner and i've seen some mind blowing footage from this camera combined with driftwoods magic.

I think the heat look in motion is my over sharpening in post to try and compensate for vimeos compression. I think i over did it lol.

Ill post better stuff soon :)

• @jack thanks for explaining my gh2 just got here so I can join the fray with some footage too!

• *** Latest News *** Guys don't expect miracles, all scaling QMs do is affect the frequency weight of the quantiser, which basically means "how much it lowpasses the shit out of your video". But we're certainly making a bit of progress...

• Could someone HELP.... I am looking for Driftwood "Cluster V1" and I can't find it.......

• Hey, Let me pass this on. I have had a few close friends look at Vimeo postings recently and was confronted with some interesting critiques, of course I said they were nuts or had lousy monitors and video cards.... response, yeah sure, but I asked them to download the mts files from Vimeo, boom, they called back and stated how surprised they were when it came to quality. Night and day. so.. remember where we are parking our work..Vimeo is good but for what we are doing it can be a problem. Thanks

• @LumixUser i don't really know, i like it all versions.

• @orla Page one of this thread - right click download

• @act Great footage.

• Driftwood, thank you very much for the great contribution for this site. I am looking for "Driftwood Quantum X Series Settings: 'Cluster' v1, Orion v4d, Rocket, β Pictoris, Series 2" and I can not find it could you please send me the link. I want to download and hack my GH2. Thank you Orla

• A curious still of my last video a kind of HDR.

trafi.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 580K
  • @orla Cluster V1 is on Page 1, like Driftwood said. it's the last 3 Patch on Page 1

Under ( HOW TO PUT IT BACK TO STOCK SETTINGS AGAIN? )

• A kind of HDR based on Driftwood Quantum X (v4d Orion) 'Dark Matter' Matrix Pack + HBR FIX - CBR 'Settings' for ptools 3.64d

• @LumixUser I use V4b because with V4c I could not play back the footage in camera and had some write speed errors. I use a sandisk 30mbs card though, so with a better card like the 64gb 95mbs card I think this would be irrelevant. This says nothing of actual quality of footage, but V4b looks great to me. I don't think I ever tried the earlier versions.

• I figured I haven't posted any GH2 broadcast footage in a while, so here's a daily promo I shot earlier. Orion v4b with 20mm pancake.

• Hi everyone. I am a new GH2 user and experimenting with different patches.

I am now testing a few excellent Driftwood patches. I notice that in wide shots with a lot of details, the patches work much better in 24P than 25P(HBR) in terms of noise control.

Here are 2 screenshots for comparison, taken with orion 4d v3, 24P vs 25P, ISO160.

You may notice that the shadow in the circled shadow areas looks posterized in 25P, but it looks fine in the 24P sample.

Close-ups look fine, and even wide-shots with less details (e.g. architecture) are fine too.

May I ask if it is a common issue, or my camera settings are incorrect?

Anyway, my big thanks to Vitaliy and Driftwood for their hacks and patches. They are awesome.

orion4D_24P.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    orion4D_25P.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
  • Quick and dirty test on a short run to Disneyland using v5c β Pictoris

• I can just confirm that Cluster v1 spans OK on HBR 25p on SanDisk Extreme HD Video 30mb/s 32GB. The HBR comes up over 40 mbps in my case and content, will try to "drive it" for more mbps ...

• @CXtristar, the material in the HBR mode is not properly recognized by the video editing software. You need to change the interpretation of the video. In Sony Vegas, go to Properties (of video file), select Media and then set the Field Order to None (progressive scan). In Premiere select the video file, right-click. In the menu, select Modify and Interpret Footage. The Field Order option, select Conform To: No fields (progressive scan). Sorry for my bad English.

• @artardi Just checking to make sure I didnt miss something. You mean "a kind of tonemapping" not "a kind of HDR" right? Because if you found a way to actually record (not emulate in post) a wider dynamic range, then Im listening very intently.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions