Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 2: Sedna A, B, C
  • 1030 Replies sorted by
  • @onionbrain They'll be with u in the morning all being well ... a few running tests going at the mo...

@A_Boy_Named_Soo Nooo, you burst the bubble!!!! I never knew of them till a friend sent me a link. Bless 'em.

• Sedna is a very large trans-Neptunian object

• @driftwood will Sedna matrix be comparable to orion v4b?? or it will be better than orion v4b?? i am still with orion v4b. i found it so good after quantum v9b.....what abt sedna sir???

• Sedna is looking sooo good... probably pushing the GH2 to its limits... scary. :-)

• @Driftwood Great News can't wait to Be Scared :)

• @royfel... trans neptunian, and kicked our friend PLUTO out of planetary status, which is BS!!!, cuz pluto CLEARLY clears its orbital path more than these kuiper belt dwarves!!!!

• @driftwood haha but I can say the bag quality is quite good if that's any consolation. Additionally, thanks for doing what you do the best so that the rest of us who aren't as good at what you do can benefit as well. :)

• *** Latest News *** There will be three modes of the new Orion with Sedna. One for detailed wide shots, one targetting midshots, and another for subjective closeups like human faces. Each of the Sedna matrices are perfectly tuned to each REC MODE (24p, 1080i/HBR, and 720p modes).

A lot of experimentation has gone into this and many of your video and picture feedbacks are drawing to my conclusions. Orion with Sedna has been perfectly balanced to Q for the three (most used) modes of operation detailed above.

@onionbrain will get these first to test tomorrow as I want his chart test and profile mode reports before I release them.

Some of the settings will come as a little bit of a shock to some of you.

• Looking forward to it! Thanks for the update

• It's been a pleasure. The only shock will be .. how Fucking great they are. By the way when your at lands end with your excalibur have you run across any of Pink Floyds cows looking over the stone walls to the sea? Thanks Frank

• I'm soo startled!

• Nick, does that mean three bodies on a shoot? (we have two, and if the answer is yes, we'll likely buy a third)

• Will Sedna include the audio settings from @thepalalias ?

• @JHero I'll send @Driftwood my "Pasadena Pulse Audio V2 Beta 2" settings tonight so he has the option.

• I'm in production for my semester film project right now, and we rented (and will again this next weekend) a PL-M4/3 HotRod kit. I'm actually rigging it up in front of the school's FS100, as we are only allowed to use that camera, but I'm hoping to spend a few minutes alone with my GH2, the Hot Rod kit, some Driftwood Orion Sedna settings, and the two Zeiss SuperSpeeds that we also have rented ;)

• @driftwood One for wides, one for mediums and one for close ups?? Man, looks like I'm going to have to buy a couple more GH2s

• Can't wait to see this. Anyone testing Sedna have footage or screenshots yet? or you Nick @driftwood?

• Some charango patagonian music to wait for Sedna: Orion v4d 24H standard 0000 graded with vegas panny 20mm at 1.7 & 50 iso 160

Greetings from patagonia.

• @artardi buena imagen, y buen charango!!

• @artardi Nice footage! Man, the quality was already so fantastic, now it's become even better these past weeks. You know that watching the BBC, i'm thinking : if only they had a better codec, aw those colours look cheap, on the fucking BBC, the world's quality reference!

• @artardi some of the best looking footage ive seen to date.

• @artadi

Que chulito la imagen chico.

• I don't wanna be pushy or rush anything, but dang... it would be so awesome to put the Sedna on my cam before heading out to Puerto Rico first thing in the morning. Although, I do have the Orion v4b, so I can't complain.

• *** Latest News *** Sedna.

Still ongoing tests using Std profile. Changes and fine tunings still going on. It will be done when its done. Got 4 GH2s working flat out...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions