Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Quantum X Settings, Series 1: v3b Rocket - v4b Orion - v5 β Pictoris
  • 1019 Replies sorted by
  • Saturday I used the Quantum X v3 The raw footage looks incredible! Had no problems, I used the 64Gb 95 Sandisk. Uploaded it in my ongoing project and did some grading :-) 0 - 34 sec is v9b 34 sec - 2:15 min quantum x v3 Rocket 2:15 - 2:53 min is v9b 2:53 - 3:18 min quantum x v3 Rocket 3:20 - end TimeBuster time-laps

Many thanks for Vitaliy and Driftwood!

• @xyxyxzxz you can do either or. As long as it is greater than the original firmware (ie GH2__V11) you are good. You can even use the same one over, you can just name it GH2__V12 every time you save a patch if you don't care about keeping the old ones. As long as the saved file is greater than the loaded firmware it will work.

• @driftwood many thanks! thats so easy :)

Last quick question before I do this, I have been using a few hacked 1.10 firmwares, so I have been incrementing the firmware version in my camera, I went from GH2__V10 to V11, V12 up to V14. Now when I use the new V1.11 firmware, do I need to continue from the previous increments, which should now be called GH2__V15, or do I start a new increment, which means GH__V12?

Thank again for your help.

• @driftwood so besides the sharpness there are no other differences?

• Low-light test at ISO 3200 running GH2 Driftwood Quantum X (v4 Orion)

• @cinemon Ta! Quantum 9b uses the Panny GH2 stock matrix - its overtly sharpe rendering profile settings useless apart from -2! Orion and Rocket use the AVC-Intra matrix is smoother so you can up the pic profile settings. More Matrices are coming though...

• @driftwood when it comes to film-like quality, which settings would you prefer? Quantum 9b or Quantum x v4 Orion?

.....before I forget, your work is world class! ;)

• @feha Ive yet to see a high bitrate HBR mode span on any tester's settings. I'm still working on β Pictoris though... Yo! @sanzadez Glad it went well mate.

• @Driftwood Thanks for all the hard work. Had a shoot at the beach this past weekend, used Orion, footage looks amazing. I will post a couple screen grabs later in the day when I get a chance.

• which of these works as a stable HBR 25p (PAL) ? spanning, in camera playback ?

• @driftwood Many thanks! I'm glad to have joined the crowd!

• @driftwood Good tip. Has someone experienced with increasing sharpening settings under new Quantum X 1.1?

• @cosimo_bullo thanks yes you can download it now from vimeo just search for "WINDOW KILLER" and it will be the newest one some noise graine came out after grading but i'm not sure it looks bad..

• Ok, from my question I will obviously be noted as a newbie, but here goes. I just got some 8gb san disk 30mb, class 10, extreme hd video cards. I want to use Quantum Orion at highest quality in 1080p 24p. What options will i need to check or uncheck upon using ptools? I dont have the ability to look at the youtube guides here at work behind the firewall :(

• @driftwood Looking forward to it... Love your relentless passion for this!

• @mozes I love that "Vibrant" had a camera shake to it :)

• @oscillian Will be when its done.

• @driftwood Am I right in guessing that Quantum X v5 'β Pictoris' is the new version of Quantum50?

• @Swiss_boy - Lovely. I love shooting through old glass (windows, etc) as well. These images are just delightful. Would you mind posting a link to the 1080 source?

• @Reckless @Stray TIP: You can now experiment with sharpening back on (0 to +2 in camera) for all Quantum X settings.

• QUANTUM X V.4 ORION 25p HBR / just testing some color grading and music

• Driftwood Quantum X SpanMyBitchUp v2b
    Color in sony vegas with the levels plug-in corrected to 0 and 256.
    Normally i do between 16 and 236, but with new settings test, i always do the profile test with the Computer RGB. ) it shows me better the noise/grain)
    Renderd in avid dnxhd and upped to youtube (Its almost 1 gb for 3 minutes............

X SpanMyBitchUp v2b Formaat : VC-3 Codec-ID/Hint : DNxHD Bitrate-modus : Constant Bitrate : 37,7 Mbps Breedte : 1 920 pixels Hoogte : 1 080 pixels BitDepth/String : 8 bits Scansoort : Progressief Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.727

still uploading

v2 rocket last shot was in 720 with tele2 and 1full stop under exposed.

Driftwood GOP1 AQ2 'AQUAMOTION' Experimental patch (firmware 1.0 awesome setting works also in ptool 3.64d).

• @Stray Just uncheck the Scaling matrix settings if you prefer the Panny ones. There's going to be a range of matrixes for Orion and Rocket coming soon - even sharper than Pannys. ;-)

@xyxyxzxz NO. follow these simple steps and you can't go wrong;-

1. simply make a new folder on a pc call it 'Quantum'.

2. Copy Panasonics official GH2 firmware v1.11 (GH2__V11.bin) into that folder. (You can download this firmware from Panasonics offical site)

3. Download latest ptools v3.64d 200212 from the 'ptools 3.64d' thread link (page 1 top) and copy that into the folder too.

4. Download the Quantum patches and copy those to the folder.

5. NOW run ptools, then load the firmware v1.11 (GH2__V11.bin) when it asks, now you'll see Rocket and Orion settings highlighted in Green (hover mouse over B and G buttons) click on either, whichever you wanna try.

6. One youve selected your fav' Quantum patch then click on SAVE FIRMWARE button and save the patched firmware to your sdcard naming it higher than the original GH2__V11.bin firmware (makes sense yeah!) for example 'GH2__V12.bin' when asked.

You can't go wrong. :-)

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions