Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 4
  • 586 Replies sorted by
  • Hey if you're interested here's a video I put together today using quantum V9, unfortunately I had to render it to 22Mbps using h264 so I lost alot of quality but I still thinking it looks great. it's probably best you watch it on vimeo in HD

I found that this is better than V6, maybe not so much 1080p I think they are around the same. However 720p is miles better in V9 which is a big plus for me.

• I was compelled to watch to the end! ;)

• That was great, thanks! I was totally not expecting the shot of her pussy at the end. :)

• Hello made this little test video using quantum b9 the other day, just trying to work out whether I can do this in my front room....

Settings ISO 640 Smooth dialled down Nikon 50mm lens only at 720p/50

thanks Vitaly and Nick

• @TwittHerb Ok - i'am "Mister Butt" or "Butt-Model"of the World - thanks

• @No_SuRReNDeR have filmed two interviews with Quantum 100 without any problems -- span, playback, etc all good

• @Butt,

I think you are the butt of a butt-dialing joke.

• @HHL I do not understand I do not know your number

• @cafeteriacarlos

Someone posted a pretty good noise test on dvxuser, that showed ISO 320 being pretty bad. Maybe that was the cause of the bad looking Aquamotion stuff?

• @HHL

OMG BUTT KEEPS DIALING ME TOO, lol

• @No_SuRReNDeR It is equally stable to me as Aquamotion.

Mind you, all the information I have to justify this statement are a few spanning tests and a one-day, 12-hour interview shoot to go by. It performed admirably on my 30/mb cards (I went through two 32s and one 16), played back in camera, spanned and did everything I wanted it to.

I can't say for certain that the noise was caused by Aquamotion, but in real-life, day-to-day footage this is what I got versus the other. Good luck!

• @butt-Please stop calling me!!!!!! Or at least stop dialing my number!!!!!!

@Driftwood-You're really going to MAKE me buy the GH2, aren't you?

@Personal-View: Keep up the great work!

• Quantum50 v1 baby

• @cafeteriacarlos I may have to shift the production I started on Aquamotion... over to Quantum 100 having seen the b-ground wall in both shots... I am also seeing the same kinda noise issues in certain spots and I too am very careful about going down in ISOs and staying in 160 whenever I can...is Quantum 100 as stable as Aquamotion?... I'm stuck with 30MBs SanDisk 16Gig cards .

• @driftwood, on q50v1, got instant lock up on both tries with 720p60, had to take out battery to restart. Using Sandisk 30mb.

• @driftwood, thanks! would you say that quantum50 is better than spanmybitchup in terms of quality? btw, just used spanmybitchup on a shoot and it was great. only issue was that i had to turn on and off the camera to view footage most of the time. haven't tried turning off iso 12,800 in the patch yet to see if there's a difference.

• @cafeteriacarlos - I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I understood from others that to avoid / bypass the noise bug, you need to move down from the higher ISO setting which is directly above (one setting higher) the one you want. So you'd need to go from 400 to 320. Not 640 to 320.

• @humpman I honestly dont remember. 95% sure it was 160 or 320. Thankfully noise patterns on GH2 are actually quite nice in comparison to ugly Canon noise. I do always make sure I go down in ISO (like I would move from 640 to 320 instead of up from 160) because I remember reading that can cause an unwanted noise in the hack.

• Loaded Quantum50v1and tried with sandisk extreme HD-video 32gb 30m/s Very nice results in 24p H & L, with no WB problem as with Quantum100 (greenish cast) But I got writing errors with 720p50 at high ISO (3200). 1080i 50 is wonderful. Looks very promising, thanks!

• Thanks @driftwood - I'm going into production on a feature this morning. Using two GH2's with Quantum 9b. Your efforts are extremely appreciated!

• Fast and dirty test with Quantum50 v1.
    several writing errors when using different movie settings (from 720 pal to 1080i or 24p and vice versa)
    even when taken a picture, after that the gh2 will give a error when taken a videoclip.
    Switching the gh2 off and on did solve the problem.
    sandisk extreme HD-video 32gb 30m/s

i did not have those prob with QV9b.
    Quantum50 v1 looks anyway very good, i like it.

• Hi! I have only problem alone with driftwoods patches in ntsc mode?:( I checked Aqua motion v2, Quantum v3, v7, v9b, Q100, Q50v1 - problem is the same always. It work for me only in pal version. I formatted the update sd in ntsc and in pal mode to (for the record to), but nothing helped.:(

Any opinion? I have only this 32gb Sandisk 30mb/sec sd card. Change card, video mode (it would be easiest i know, but i like the 30fps, 25 is a little "pieces") or user?:)

Thanks! Q

• @cafeteriacarlos what ISO in the first shot? Interesting noise.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions