Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Official Low GOP topic, series 4
  • 586 Replies sorted by
  • @No_SuRReNDeR It is equally stable to me as Aquamotion.

Mind you, all the information I have to justify this statement are a few spanning tests and a one-day, 12-hour interview shoot to go by. It performed admirably on my 30/mb cards (I went through two 32s and one 16), played back in camera, spanned and did everything I wanted it to.

I can't say for certain that the noise was caused by Aquamotion, but in real-life, day-to-day footage this is what I got versus the other. Good luck!

• @HHL

OMG BUTT KEEPS DIALING ME TOO, lol

• @cafeteriacarlos

Someone posted a pretty good noise test on dvxuser, that showed ISO 320 being pretty bad. Maybe that was the cause of the bad looking Aquamotion stuff?

• @HHL I do not understand I do not know your number

• @Butt,

I think you are the butt of a butt-dialing joke.

• @No_SuRReNDeR have filmed two interviews with Quantum 100 without any problems -- span, playback, etc all good

• @TwittHerb Ok - i'am "Mister Butt" or "Butt-Model"of the World - thanks

• Hello made this little test video using quantum b9 the other day, just trying to work out whether I can do this in my front room....

Settings ISO 640 Smooth dialled down Nikon 50mm lens only at 720p/50

thanks Vitaly and Nick

• That was great, thanks! I was totally not expecting the shot of her pussy at the end. :)

• I was compelled to watch to the end! ;)

• Hey if you're interested here's a video I put together today using quantum V9, unfortunately I had to render it to 22Mbps using h264 so I lost alot of quality but I still thinking it looks great. it's probably best you watch it on vimeo in HD

I found that this is better than V6, maybe not so much 1080p I think they are around the same. However 720p is miles better in V9 which is a big plus for me.

• Used Quantum 100 on short film shoot ... Used 24H all throughout on 32 GB 30MB/s sandisk ... No issues ... Spanned liked butter ... and every challenging conditions ... never failed even using Extele ... recorded in 300% variable movie in 24L mode up to 12 mins ... even 720 50fps is spanning in both SH and H ... but fails in Extele due to card writing speed error ... 60fps there seems to problem but i am yet to explore it properly. @driftwood I just wonder if there could be a variant Quantum 9vb where L is setting could be similar to Quantum 100's H is settings ... as i could see Quntum 100's H is 100mb/s and Quantum 9vb's 24L is 112mb/s ... AQ is 3-most detail ... Is it safe to change the settings to of Quantum 9Vb's L setting similar to Quantum 100's H settings as it is spanning on class 10 30MB/s card. or Is it safe to change Quantum 100's H settings to Match Quantum 100's H settings ... as @Lpowell warned us on modular patch thread not to mix and match patches ... I just want to explore if there is any way i can use Quantum 9vb 24 H along with reliably spanning 24L and 720 H if not SH. Even without it i am staying with Quantum 100 for now. WIll post the result as soon as my internet speed issue is resolved

• NINE Updated GH2-X v4 in the patches vault thread

regarding lumix lens on this patch. for the 60p/ i settings. using both sandisk 30mb/sec and 95mb/sec

1080i 60 write errs in all situations. as does 720/60 on sh

720/60p on H setting seems to be fairly stable. It also spans on the 95mb/sec card. This is the first 720/60p higher bitrate setting that can do that.

• Quantum beta 3 is the only one I have found that can play back spanned 24l 1080p in camera.

• chauncy re: 720p/60p H did you stick it up on the chart? streameye and streamparser tests please.

• Hi @Driftwood and everybody,

I'm a new guy here. So, excuse me if I’m asking something that was answered before. What is the name of the BEST GH2 patch (as of today) for 1080p24H in terms of getting the maximum quality for filmmaking (not docs!)?

I mean the patch that has the best STABLE maximum settings for 1080p24 (GOP1, AVCHD INTRA, maximum frame size, maximum bitrate/attention to ALL details/shadows/low light etc.). And could you provide any gradation of the existing stable patches (best, second-best etc.) with respect to the above said?

I’m asking this question for those who “don’t care” about huge file sizes caused by high bitrates and extreme settings.

P.S. So far, I’m using “Driftwood: GOP1 176M (15% Higher i Frames)” and I’m pretty happy with that. But I’ve decided to «move further» :-)

Thanks a lot.

• Testing the capabilities of Quantum V9b. It seems to hold up very well when really pushing the colors around. 100% saturation + Neat Video as well, no sharpening.

Raw MTS.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Graded, NR.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Quantum100 Dokumentary

• @But, you are Adam?
    i did watch some clips, and they are very well color balanced.
    i like the colors, anything special on your settings?

• can anyone tell me if 30p is working yet with the hack?

• @mbowen84, you can read the FAQs. They are up to date.

• top and center

• you know a simple yes or no would have been great, thanks for making this hard!!

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions