Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Follow Focus, looks very good
  • 187 Replies sorted by
  • That's E-P2 on the rig.

The ebay seller is like the energized bunny... He keeps going and going and going...
  • already available? price?
  • @Rambo

Where do you get this info? :-)

P.S. Sorry , I just did not checked mail box for long. :-)
  • Looks like the Ebay seller now will also offer a rail system and mount soon. The pictures look pretty cool. FF delayed now till 23/6.

Also has an optional shoulder mount.

• I've done a lot of research on FFs. Who ever gets one, please report back on 2 things. 1) is there any backlash changing directions. Any play? Also, it appears more drag, tighter focus wheel is preferred by pro ACs.

I think I'll wait until they have a proper speed handle and whip. A speed handle is how an AC sets the ending focus for a shot.
  • I wish I bought it before the small price increase, but I took the plunge cause it seems like the price might increase again. I wasn't really intending on buying a follow focus until I had enough money for the TrusMT FF which costs 460$ shipped, but it seems like this one is well worth it. I am very curious however to see how the two follow focuses compare with each other. We know the TrusMT is very very good and that this is good so how much more quality do you get for an extra 300$ difference ? We'll see...
  • >Yep but ordered on the 7th June, not shipped, no return email on update......ummmm

Calm down.
    What he can write you you in "email update"?
    He already wrote all on items page.
    He is reputable seller, just expect delay here.
  • Yep but ordered on the 7th June, not shipped, no return email on update......ummmm, will wait but surely when you post stuff for sale on ebay you should have a disclaimer saying stock will need to be sourced etc. Will keep waiting.
  • It says expect delays now. They have 100+ to build and ship.
  • I ask again, anyone had theirs shipped yet who ordered early??
  • Looks fantastic. I'm going to get one!
  • >It at least looks better than the DFocus, but the reason I'm not going to get it is because the accessory port is not industry standard.

I think that seller really don't know if it is industry standard or not (he had same issue with lens gears).
    Most probably it is standard.
  • Looking forward to reviews once anyone receives theirs.

It at least looks better than the DFocus, but the reason I'm not going to get it is because the accessory port is not industry standard. This means that tools like whips or speed cranks won't work with this FF.
  • Price won't be lower, I think.
    As for Chinese inflation role in all this... It is total bullshit.
    Wanting more money, better profit is real reason behind new price :-)
    He also want to reduce number of negative feedbacks and cancelled orders (price increase helps with it quite good).
  • Woo hoo!!! Thanks Vitaliy!!!

@stefanos I think the price will stick... or it might go up more. Did you see the white plastic gear can be front or back of the gear box? This will work w/ 20mm or 14mm pancakes. I ordered 10 lens gears at $100.

BTW China's inflation issue is getting worse.
  • Vitaliy, do you think it is still best to buy now despite the increase? will it go back down or can it only go upwards from here?
  • Price went up to $150 shipped.
    Plus they still have delays due to >100 units sold.
  • Anyone got theirs yet, i ordered on the 8th June when only 20 were sold, still not shipped.
  • My baseplate can adjust height of FF rods.

More likely I wouldn't need to adjust height because the FF gear can slide in and out.
  • indeed, looks very good! is height adjustment a very common problem? or will most people who use gh2 with cheapo old lenses be fine without it?
  • >Anyone found any reviews of this yet?

It is too new. Wait a little while.

>Seems like you cannot adjust the height of it?

Yes, you can't.
  • Anyone found any reviews of this yet? Seems like you cannot adjust the height of it?
  • Stonebat, what parts are you using for that rig above?

It's ok i found your video review
  • Read item description carefully :-)
    the included flexible gearbelt can be used with any zoom or prime lenses with a wide range of lens diameters (any size from 52mm to 86mm)

Look at ebay and buy separate gear, they are quite cheap.
  • For what diameter are the gears of the cheap chinese ff at most? I have an old tele lens with about 100mm diameter?