Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cheap 10" 1024x600 monitor with battery and HDMI input
  • 69 Replies sorted by
  • Mr. Chan do you have any news of firmware improvements for this monitor?
    Improved battery?
    Or 1280x800 panels?
  • I found a 8.9" true 16:9 1280x768 panel that may be suitable for Konsta's existing 9" design:

Specificiation
    Model HT089WX1-100
    Made Hyundai
    Screen size 8.9
    Resolution 1280 x 768
    Brightness 200
    Contrast ratio 400
    Color display 262K
    Viewing Angle(T/B/L/R) 30/30/10/20

eg. this guy on Ebay has it: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-9inch-Hyundai-TFT-LCD-HT089WX1-100-1280x768-/290557896926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a699a8de#shId

Note he also has a 4.8" 1024x600 500nits panel, pretty sweet for portable use.

I think I'll go for the 5.6" 720p panels for myself though.
  • That panel needs an inverter as well as the brightness(200nits) is not good enough for daylight viewing unfortunately.
  • Apparently Konsta's 10.2" screen is only 220, so not much difference. But brighter would be better of course.
  • The 8.9 inch panel sounds great. Later I will talk to our research department. Now the 9'' is using a 800*480 resolution panel.
  • Hi Mr Chan,
    5.6 or 7 inch 720p monitor also my choice.if you can make something that size it will be very popular.
  • >How about this one? 280 bright

Resolution is good.
    Otherwise it is typical cheap TN panel with small angles and such.

Try to search for IPS (by LG) or MVA (by Samsung) small panels.
  • Here I ask for some photos
    It is when you use the 10'' HDMI monitor to help focus, yes, just take your photos like
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/61/tvlogic-vfm-056wwp-monitors#Item_1
    this do. And change the camera to GH1 or GH2
    Would you pls?
  • This panel is in our company stock, for a UMPC(tablet computer)'s use. I think that Samsung and LG is not easy for us to purchase.
  • >This panel is in our company stock, for a UMPC(tablet computer)'s use.

What are you waiting for in this case?

>I think that Samsung and LG is not easy for us to purchase.

My understanding that this is your real chance, as I see hundreds of companies producing cheap Tablets.
    While small hdmi monitors niche is not very large, it is growing steady each year and still have plenty of space for manufacturers. Especially if you improve your case, controls and software :-)
  • Yeah... tablets w/ mini-HDMI input would be great. Also a dozen of apps that can record video signals in real time w/ peaking, zebra, 1:1 mapping. Also a placeholder for extended USB battery pack. Hmmm...
  • >Yeah... tablets w/ mini-HDMI input would be great. Also a dozen of apps that can record video signals in real time w/ peaking, zebra, 1:1 mapping. Also a placeholder for extended USB battery pack. Hmmm...

Fantasies, fantasies.
    None of the CPU for tablets allow anything of this.
    May be in next 2-4 years :-)
    New Atoms, for example and Ion 5 with DirectCompute.
  • 4 years will pass very quickly :)
  • Hi, guys, Here I ask for some photos
    It is when you use the 10'' HDMI monitor to help focus, yes, just take your photos like
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/61/tvlogic-vfm-056wwp-monitors#Item_1
    the picture of when working together. (the camera is GH1 or GH2)
    Some guys in China they don't believe that the signal of GH1 can not be HDMI out real-time.
    Would you pls show that?
  • >Some guys in China they don't believe that the signal of GH1 can not be HDMI out real-time.

GH1 do not output signal via HDMI for monitoring purposes.
    Only in playback time.
  • Hi Konsta
    In another thread I asked for a monitor which can desqueeze 2x anamorphic images. Vitaliy wrote, that your monitor could do that with a modification.
    How would this work and would it be a selectable option?
    If you can do this for me I will order a monitor instantly.
  • as there are multiple common aspect ratios of anamorphic adapters & lenses, maybe it would be possible to create a list here, or maybe, for konsta, to put in some kind of user-input where we can type in desired stretch /aspect ratio. i can see this option used in a lot of cases :)
  • In ideal we must talk not to Konsta, but to his engineer directly :-)
    As I am aware he do not know English well enough, unfortunately.
    Such things as overlays (for marks, color bars, etc), scaling or desqueezing can be doby be any chip used in modern TVs, even in extremely cheap ones.
    In more advanced chips you could make complex FIR filters for focus assist.
  • I'm also having a hard to communicating effectively with Chinese sellers (both via Ebay and places like AliExpress). Of course it's our fault for not speaking their language : ). But it is surprising that these manufacturers of tech gadgets sometimes have difficulty in understanding simple technical questions.

For example, the usual firmware overscan or stretch issues (eg. incorrectly displaying a 16:9 stream as 16:10) could be communicated better through pictures. I suggest that someone draw up diagrams that visually illustrate what's wrong, and what you'd like to see in future firmware enhancements.
  • Rock paintings - this is that unite all people. Let's use this approach :-)
  • i also ordered one, currently in customs
  • I do not see any sign from Viner for quite a time.
    It had been months already since design of simplified monitor with bigger battery and better panel was suggested.
    Unfortunately, no real progress seen yet.
  • thats sad to hear, i was excited about at least a kind of firmware update to the current one to introduce further functionality!